some old corps photos

1969 program scan, Les Châtelaines de Laval

scan.jpg

I was looking for Les Compagnons…Marc said it was OK to promote the new site on DCP…corps, scores and links… http://www.capital-ensemble.org/

See what Canadian Ccrps had to put up with. Even in May we're were perfroming (and practicing) on ice. That's why you always heard us complaining after Nats - if we only had one more week. And we were being conservative, because with another month we'd have smoked more corps. :withstupid:

Regards,

john

I hope it's OK with Angie to post this; she sent it to me to post in the "best guard uniform" thread, and it's such a great photo of her in that stunning Phantom guard "snowflake" uniform from '87 that I feel like it's equally deserving of a spot here. Look at her attitude! :tongue:

me-87guard2.jpg

Meh.....let's see her carry a tymp!!!! :withstupid:

1969 program scan, Les Châtelaines de Laval

scan.jpg

I was looking for Les Compagnons…Marc said it was OK to promote the new site on DCP…corps, scores and links… http://www.capital-ensemble.org/

Wow that's a great photo Linda of the original Red and White Chatelaines, who actually folded after 1972 season. They reformed a year later with a new group and the Burgundy/Pink unis. These girls are from the late 60s early 70s when the all girl thing was so huge and especialy the corps from Quebec just kept on showing up with unbelievable talent. We'd hear rumours all year and they'd show up at Canadian Nationals and the all girl thing became fierce.

Oh yeah and I remember "arena shows". I think we even had arena show season where we did a little bitty version of the field show. Course nothing beats marching on ice and doing a standstill, praying you're not going to be the one who hits the deck (or ice) marching on or off, and then standing still while the bottoms of your feet froce and sometime stuck to the ice. Wicked times for sure.

See what Canadian Ccrps had to put up with. Even in May we're were perfroming (and practicing) on ice. That's why you always heard us complaining after Nats - if we only had one more week. And we were being conservative, because with another month we'd have smoked more corps. :withstupid:

LOL!

I wasn't going to post these. Flew to Miami last minute to see DCI finals 1983. Grabbed a camera at the airport, flash didn't work, night finals. Maybe they're ok photos for the designers. 8 photos in no particular order.

1983-1-1.jpg

1983-2-1.jpg