some old corps photos

Does anyone here have a pic of Charlie Groh in VK's '78 colorguard show "The Wiz"?

Charlie played the Wiz, did a nifty balloon magic trick and even exhaled fire during the show.

Nancy

There was one in the KAC forum, but I am persona non grata there...hehehehehe...perhaps I shouldn't have said that "out loud"?

Someone is bound to have one....

VK all the way!!!! :tongue:

There was one in the KAC forum, but I am persona non grata there...hehehehehe...perhaps I shouldn't have said that "out loud"?

Someone is bound to have one....

VK all the way!!!! :tongue:

Are we allowed to show it? It's not mine, but it's too durn cute not to share...

Darla44.jpg

Circ. '73

From West Covina, CA .... The Royal Blues!

Darla44.jpg

Circ. '73

Those are some short skirts! Especially marching high steps . . .

Edited by jdostie

ah...

but those are wee little girls. By the looks, I think the average age was 9 or 10.

ah...

but those are wee little girls. By the looks, I think the average age was 9 or 10.

K, that's better then, 'course my little girls would not have been wearing skirts that short.

I'm a bit protective I guess.

Darla44.jpg

Circ. '73

Sorry to burst your bubble, Nancy, but that's the Squires.

Garry in Vegas

Hey, I recognize that Conquistador pin! I looked you up in the yearbook and how cool that we marched together in '79. I saw the Conquistadors for the first time in '78 in Sunnyvale performing at my high school. I was having a bummer drum corps year in '78 so I inquired on how I can join for the next year. I loved the music that the corps played, like "Chain Reaction" in 13/8!

Sorry to burst your bubble, Nancy, but that's the Squires.

Garry in Vegas

:thumbdown:

You just might be right Garry. Looking at the attire there's a slight difference between the pics. Notice the white collar on the color guard captain vs the all black on the other. Also the dark blue tennies with the knee socks vs the white boots.

Darla44.jpg

3032.jpg

From the program, a brief write up on the Royal Blues

Darla43.jpg

Hey, I recognize that Conquistador pin! I looked you up in the yearbook and how cool that we marched together in '79. I saw the Conquistadors for the first time in '78 in Sunnyvale performing at my high school. I was having a bummer drum corps year in '78 so I inquired on how I can join for the next year. I loved the music that the corps played, like "Chain Reaction" in 13/8!

Yearbook! We had a yearbook? No kidding, I must have been so out of touch.

That's great. Yeah, it's funny, I remember you and everything, but I can't remember if we had a lot of interaction - you know

soprano and snare lines didn't get together much.

I'm hoping to run into some people we've marched with in the future.

I think I'll be seeing Brian on Tuesday - at Freelancer's.

Funny thing, I had nothing Conquistadors - literally everything I did have went away when I went in the Navy - though there may be 1 or 2 photos if I can get to pour through my wifes big box. Anyway, I found Matt Castinada's post with a photo of the equipment truck and lifted the logo from there. Best I could do.