some old corps photos

remember "trooping the stands"?

scan0004.jpg

L to R. unknown, John Morrel:lead bari, Walter Knight, and Terry "Foo-Foo Tounge" Naegle. (boy couldn't tounge a note to save his soul )

2nd Row, DM Bill Dubiel, (yes, that Bill Dubiel) and Cindy Siebert CG Capt.

scan0003.jpg

L to R: Mickey Michaels ?, Unknown, Myself, and Jeff Webber (at one time Blue Knight)

Thanks for parades.

I read in the local news today that our only marching band, edmonton sabres marching band, wants to donate their equipment to a school that's about to close so they can start a music program. I've got some work ahead of me. Good golly, we used to have at least 5 drum corps here. Thanks to all for the inspiration.

Nice work, apoch003! :thumbup:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the 1976 Argonauts drum and bugle corps!

7827.jpg

Also, since I know many of you are fond of him, I managed to locate (and enhance) some pictures of Ghost. Start your Ghost stories!

14b4.jpg

Ghost and his big Stick

11ed.jpg

I KNOW!!! :P The uniform company was supposed to give us "BURNT ORANGE" not Bright orange. Then the plumes were supposed to match the unis. Which of course, even if the unis were correct, STILL wouldn't have.

Does anyone here have a pic of Charlie Groh in VK's '78 colorguard show "The Wiz"?

Charlie played the Wiz, did a nifty balloon magic trick and even exhaled fire during the show.

Nancy

Also, since I know many of you are fond of him, I managed to locate (and enhance) some pictures of Ghost. Start your Ghost stories!

14b4.jpg

I heard that Ghost lived in a tepee somewhere in the forests of Oregon and that when composing his drum solos he would throw marbles into the air and write down the rhythm's they would make when hitting the ground.

I heard that Ghost lived in a tepee somewhere in the forests of Oregon . . . .

Greg, I may have been the one to tell you that.

I marched one show (1974 DCW Prelims) as a soprano plug with the Flamingos, before they became the Argonauts.

The corps practiced at a baseball field at the edge of Salem, Oregon. As practice was starting I saw someone hiking in from the hills, and he turned out to be the drum instructor. He looked like he was straight out of a Cheech & Chong movie.

Everyone said "Oh, that's Ghost, he lives in a teepee out in the forest."

I'm pretty sure I believed them, and I spread the story to my VK compatriots.

Later, Gassmayer moved down to SoCal and told the same tale.

Greg, I may have been the one to tell you that.

I marched one show (1974 DCW Prelims) as a soprano plug with the Flamingos, before they became the Argonauts.

The corps practiced at a baseball field at the edge of Salem, Oregon. As practice was starting I saw someone hiking in from the hills, and he turned out to be the drum instructor. He looked like he was straight out of a Cheech & Chong movie.

Everyone said "Oh, that's Ghost, he lives in a teepee out in the forest."

I'm pretty sure I believed them, and I spread the story to my VK compatriots.

Later, Gassmayer moved down to SoCal and told the same tale.

You heard it because it was true! You know those grainy films of Bigfoot? Well, there's your answer.