some old corps photos

The Midlanders were a great corps... Many great musicians came out of there.

Sam Kays and Al Murray marched snare together. Beginning of a long gruesome twosome.

77yearbook-1-1.jpg

Sam & Al 1976 while teaching Seneca Optimists drumline

Thanks Wendy - That's such a GREAT picture. I sent it to the entire KAC snareline yesterday along with Donnie Porter and Al. I don't have Sammy's email address but I'm sure Al will pass it along to him :) After our initial performance in 06, Sam came down with Al to see the show and come to Kamp that weekend. A few of us were hyping and wanted to do a small sectional after the regular rehearsal was over, and Al asked if we would mind if Sam sat in with us for a bit. This was one of my favorite memories from that kamp with Sammy playing next to Dale, just like they did in 74, and a few of us having the privilege of playing with them. I think they finally made us quit around 10:30 or we would have certainly kept going. One of my true disappointments is that neither Al nor Sammy found a way to free up enough time to be part of the KAC, but Al was at every gig and of course every after party. Some things never change LOL.

From the left, Greg Meader, Dale Lofgren Sam Kays, Greg Wilson, Mike Pugh

IMG_1142.jpg

Madison, anyone?

1983. OTL.

Slide137.jpg

UNTITLED14.jpg

UNTITLED11.jpg

Slide80.jpg

Slide6.jpg

I'm taking requests...

Edited by tommytimp

I'm not sure if I posted this one yet, it's SCV at rehearsal in 1978

scvrehearsal2.jpg

Not sure of the year, Hey Ferb could this be you?

27th-13.JPG

Not sure of the year, Hey Ferb could this be you?

27th-13.JPG

It's either 83 or 84 because of the gahd uniforms in the background.

Greg came out part time to do the winter guard in 78 which was the exhibition year that Charlie Groh and Merc and Derf were the main characters in The Wiz. Greg went back to Bridgemen and marched his age out year in the summer, and the most of them came out to live full time and go on tour with us in 79, the exception being Mike McCool who decided he didn't have a burning desire to ride the buses that year since the staff van got taken away after the 78 season :( If I remember right, the guard and M&M staff that year was Tim Moxley, Sharon Rikee and Greg Clarke, with Merc just being there for the winter guard.

Greg, "Sam" (Bridgemen rifle.... I don't recall her real name) and Moxley did the VK Winterguard, in '79. Merc didn't teach the guard in '79. Greg went back to Bridgemen that summer. 1979 was his age-out year.

McCool and Clarke was involved with the Winterguard beginning in '80 named IGTG (Intergalactic Touring Guard). Greg might've done the '78 WG season. I don't recall seeing him. I was with the feeder guard that season.

You're right, Mike McCool didn't tour with us summer '79. If he did it would've been much more tolerable.

Greg, I honestly do not remember Clark on tour that year. I recall Moxley and Rikee and Kevin Roberts, yourself, Mike and Teddy, Bill Turner and the african american guy with the brass but cannot recall his name...

Gary Lee.

I'm not sure if I posted this one yet, it's SCV at rehearsal in 1978

scvrehearsal2.jpg

IS THAT CONTRA PLAYER LEANING ON HIS HORN? :thumbup: Or is it just an "optical dillusion?"

From the left, Greg Meader, Dale Lofgren Sam Kays, Greg Wilson, Mike Pugh

IMG_1142.jpg

:thumbup:

Man I would have liked to jam with you guys...