some old corps photos

DrumCorp119.jpg

Santa Clara Vanguard in Greeley Colorado 1985

I'm guessing uniforms and visual form must adapt to night lights or indoor lights; I like this photo, daylight, sun, crisp and clear. Thanks.

IS THAT CONTRA PLAYER LEANING ON HIS HORN? :thumbup: Or is it just an "optical dillusion?"

They used to do that all the time

Nunzio.jpg

They needed more rest than others other than the Tymps.

Puppet

and yet some more, I hope y"all not getting bored with these...

Heavens, no! Post all you've got! :thumbup:

Thanks Wendy - That's such a GREAT picture. I sent it to the entire KAC snareline yesterday along with Donnie Porter and Al. I don't have Sammy's email address but I'm sure Al will pass it along to him :) After our initial performance in 06, Sam came down with Al to see the show and come to Kamp that weekend. A few of us were hyping and wanted to do a small sectional after the regular rehearsal was over, and Al asked if we would mind if Sam sat in with us for a bit. This was one of my favorite memories from that kamp with Sammy playing next to Dale, just like they did in 74, and a few of us having the privilege of playing with them. I think they finally made us quit around 10:30 or we would have certainly kept going. One of my true disappointments is that neither Al nor Sammy found a way to free up enough time to be part of the KAC, but Al was at every gig and of course every after party. Some things never change LOL.

From the left, Greg Meader, Dale Lofgren Sam Kays, Greg Wilson, Mike Pugh

IMG_1142.jpg

Hey Greg, Great photo of Sammy in the middle. Sam and Al both have this photo since they're both on Facebook and I had it in my photos there. I remember Sam coming to Kingsmen Kamp in 06 and I was excited to see him play with you guys. He and I talked a few times by phone as he tried to swing coming down to do the KAC. He lives in boonies of Saskatchewan. He and Al who have been friends since they started out in the Midlanders and have continued to throw hilarious jabs back and forth at each other on Facebook. I loved that they played in that unforgettable 1974 Kingsmen line... They are wickedly funny together... and yes I had hoped they would have been able to relive playing snare together but alas... at least they have those great 1974 memories and speak of it with the same reverence. My best memories are being able to teach Seneca with them both - great team players.

Looks like Big Lou!

They used to do that all the time

Nunzio.jpg

Puppet

Puppet

Don't forget about the bass drums. No harnesses so we had to kneel down for breaks (and use the drum for a pillow).

Edited by bass5

Looks like Big Lou!

Would you believe ... Nunzio!?

Puppet