some old corps photos

You were doubling, carrying extra horns around on brackets made out of coathangers and tucked into your waistbands. I have one of those K-40 flugels, which later spent some time at Impulse. The plating is rubbed off the bell bow where it hung on the bracket.

Freelancers doubled up the horns...in 84 BD did not.

DrumCorps0042-1.jpg

now there's an arm-swing! click twice...

Yes, Hardy Carrasas (M&M instructor) and Ken Petersen (Corps director) had us pumped for this one. April 1966 at the Utica, NY War Memorial. This was my first ever drum corps competition. Let me test my memory on names...Tony Faiola, Dennie Fenner, Pat Bruno, Brad Hill (deceased), Greg Sellinger, ?...almost!

drumcorps0010.jpg

Great Photo,

I think it's the 1966 A.L. Nat. Finals in DC

I'm almost positive you're correct. Not because I was there, but that huge expanse of black behind the trio is almost unique to RFK Stadium's "outfield" area in the 60s.

Cathy did you also have a sister named Jane who marched in the Vanguard guard?

Yep, that's me . . . first row, second from the left (as you look at the picture).

I still have the hat and my corps button. I also have a completely restored, identical replica of the snare drum I marched with (yes, I was a snare drummer waaaaay back then at age eight).

40 years after this picture was taken, I marched in the Royal Airs Exhibition Corps with the gentleman in the top row (excluding the all-girl guard row at the very top) who is also second from the left. His name was Jim Giordano. Sadly he passed away a few years ago, but it was pretty special marching next to him in a snare line all those years later!

I'm almost positive you're correct. Not because I was there, but that huge expanse of black behind the trio is almost unique to RFK Stadium's "outfield" area in the 60s.

No "Lambeau leap" in that stadium !!!