some old corps photos

Chuck,

marched for ya years ago, and I'm really happy to see you putting stuff up here!

This thread means a lot to a lot of people from "back in the day"

It was started over a year ago, and has never been off page 1 of the Historical forum, rarely dropping below the top 10 at any given time.

There is so much history here! Thanks for taking part!

For those interested, Old Ohio also has some excellent sites that deal with the history of both junior and senior corps in Ohio........and a very rich history it is!

check the links in his sig, and make sure to check out all the sites, there are many.

Thanks again Old Ohio!! ^OO^

*personal note to Old Ohio- in case you are still trying to remember who I am, do you remember Walt Brady?....I'm his smart ### little brat son. Walt Yeager, Doug Kretzer, Bill Farkas and that whole crew were the ones who taught me about drum corps..........I learned from the best!*

Edited by Bob Brady

I will echo Bob's words here about the posting of these great old photo's, and paraphrase myself from

another post in a different thread:

"On the other hand, you MAY have a picture (unbeknownst to you...) that shows someone in the background

{or whatever} that could be so very important to some who never really got any good pic's of themselves

back in the day (Like Bob Brady... ). It's a shame to let those just sit and rot away in your photo album, when

they might be oh so valuable to someone out here..."

I looked in my own photo albums, and realized I had some great stuff that I should put up here. The argument

that I could sell what I have on ebay is understandable, but by the time the bids are in, the money has been

paid, the shipping has been covered...yadda yadda... would that really have been worth it? Probably not.

There must be THOUSANDS of great pictures out there that people took over the years...maybe hundreds of

thousands! Coming off the field at some obscure long forgotten show, at practice, on the bus, in a gymnasium,

the long hours of practice at a some high school in BFE Nebraska... you all know what I'm talking about.

These pics are history. They are memories. And the one pic that you don't like may show someone else in it

that they would LOVE!

Better out here in this forum and presented to all, than crumbling away in a photo album that will never see

the light of day! If you have pictures and would be willing to share them with everyone, get them out and learn

to use that scanner!!! ^OO^

Or send em' to someone who has one if you don't!!......They will be returned!!

"Keep those cards and letters (Photo Request) comming. :D

Any photos of Oakland Crusaders? Anything at all?

I can only cringe at what we've lost already, because people didn't know what to do with olf drum Corps collections. or as my wife calles it,"What is all that stuff?" b**bs

This is such a common lament. That's why I've sent everything I have to the Del/Oakland alumni site, and I'm also sending all the photos I have to the various corps' websites (if they have a site, that is). And already, some of those photos my dad took, which I've posted here and elsewhere, are showing up on those corps' websites, too. So they would like to have whatever anyone out there has, too. But, as you say, we have to get it scanned and sent out before that history is lost forever.

I'm having a friend, who took some great photos at 1980 prelims in Birmingham, send me those negatives so that I can get the photos developed and then scanned. I'll post them here when I'm done! (And I'll also e-mail those to all the various corps' websites.) I remember that in particular, there were some gorgeous close-ups of Blue Devils. But many photos of other corps were pretty amazing, too!

I'm going to try this again. I just brought out all my old albums, and I took a lot of pictures.

I would love to share them.

Who is this Corps? This was taken at U.S. Open in 1979.

UnknownDC79.jpg

Did it work? Can you see these?

I'll be happy to scan and post any pictures people send me. Once I start I'm fast and furious. I'm sitting here trying to think if I have any in this house I haven't put up yet.

I do have a few very personal ones, with someone who has since passed on. It was the first year of the corps and she's with my sister in uniform. Because someone asked about when the rifles wore khaki on another thread, I'm now going to post it to show the original guard uniform......