some old corps photos

To Stef - thanks for the compliment - some of those girls went on to march Boston Crusaders in 2000 & 2001

To Chalet: Yeah I'm pretty sure I can pronounce your name properly (and with a French aceent to boot)

and finally - if anyone has a scanner and would like to scan some of my pics let me know - I've got some pretty great ones from the '80's and '90's.

Later,

Mike

Sorry to take so long to complete this post, but the Drum Corps International office along with Drum Corps Planet have worked together for the past few weeks to come to an agreement on DCI's position on posting photographs. We both believe that the sharing and discussion of positive drum corps memories on Drum Corps Planet serves to support the drum and bugle corps activity as a whole. In the spirit of the continued growth of the community of drum and bugle corps fans throughout the world, Drum Corps International would like to clarify its position on the use and the sharing of personal photographs on the Drum Corps Planet web site.

The fundamental mission and intent of Drum Corps International is to protect the interests of its member corps. It is important that fans wishing to post images take the time to make themselves aware of the specific polices of the individual corps depicted in their photographs. While members of the Drum Corps Planet are certainly free to share their personal photos on the DCP site, under no circumstances can the photographs or images of current or past DCI corps, or those photos taken at any DCI-sanctioned event, be sold or used for any commercial purpose without the permission of the individual corps and/or Drum Corps International.

Further, nothing in this note shall be interpreted to grant any permission for the distribution or reproduction of any materials copyrighted by DCI or its member corps. Drum Corps International does not presume to have rights to images beyond our scope -- meaning those images depicting corps prior to the formation of DCI as well as those of organizations which are inactive -- and therefore has no position on images which may be posted as they pertain to these organizations.

Finally, it is our hope that good taste and human dignity will always be kept in mind when posting images of any drum corps. Each of the corps work hard to create a positive reputation and professional image, and we all work very hard to ensure that the corps and their members are presented in a favorable light. We hope that the global community of drum corps fans will continue to enjoy the spellbinding performances of the world's most elite and exclusive marching music ensembles, and we look forward to sharing many great memories in the years ahead with fans everywhere.

Ed Dempsey

Drum Corps International

Manager, Strategic Alliances

Edited by edempsey

Thank you to Ed, Dan Acheson and the DCI staff for working thru this issue ... and providing DCP and its members with 'official permission' to continue the important work of preserving and sharing the history of this great activity.

Our job now is to act responsibly and adhere to the guidelines set forth.

Thank you to our members for their patience while we finalized this agreement.

-john

While members of the Drum Corps Planet are certainly free to share their personal photos on the DCP site, under no circumstances can the photographs or images of current or past DCI corps, or those photos taken at any DCI-sanctioned event, be sold or used for any commercial purpose without the permission of the individual corps and/or Drum Corps International.

Ed Dempsey

Drum Corps International

Manager, Strategic Alliances

BUT...

Can I post a picture of you on the sidelines with your glasses perched on top of your head on finals night?? :blink:

Stef