DCP-Associates rules

sburstall

Right, and I'm only expecting a couple shows a week. I suppose that also precludes the "bonus point" system that we have in DCPI.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, are you going to consider bumping up the possible caption points? So far I've only been able to reach mid to high 89's.

If you bump it up 5-10 points, I can reach the low 90's (90.2-90.8 range)

All these scores seem exceptionally low, especially since at 90 caption points, the majority of my captions are scoring in the 15-17pt range. It all just seems so low, as compared to DCI where I was getting 94-95 range when calculating my scores. I'd say maybe 100-105 caption points?

I think one of the biggest challenges to work with here is the massive drop-off of scores between finalist and non-finalist corps. That and the really weak GEV numbers for a lot of corps and the fact that there are currently no 14 and 9 point corps (Inspires aren't eligible and as the lists stand, Gold and Sky are in a tie)

I think inspires should be dropped if they arent worth anything and the corps under them should be moved up. As for the tie, I think since Sky scored higher in 5 captions and Gold scored higher in 4, Gold should count 1 point less. (Not saying that because of where I march, just because Sky scored higher in more captions)

Steve, when do you anticipate the season starting?

Yep, it's open to anybody. :)

How'd you hear about us?

Edited by Galen

About the concerns.

1) Thanks for the info about points. I think I'll bump them to 95. I would like some higher scores.

2) Inspires only performed at DCA FInals so they have only 2 shows to go off...and you don't want scores based off of 2 shows. Right now all the midwest corps have caption scores in the mid 40s or negative. No kidding. My model for Minn. Brass have them with a score of 228.##. Not a good thing. I have to dig up the DCM scores to fix all of this.

3) Rankings are based off of Finals score. Doesn't matter who won't how many captions. If the was true, then Empire would be 3rd instead of 1st. The only won the GE caption.

4) Let me get the midwest corps info in place and create the tour. They should be ready by the end of Feb. and the season will begin in mid. March. So you can get your corps info in anytime you want to except the tour.

I updated the guidelines.....

Edited by sburstall

Hey! Galen

How'd you hear about us?

I been keeping my eye on this Fantasy League for a while. Before I'm even offically join this site as a member!

B) :lol::lol: