NEW SCV Arranger?!?

drums4u

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it may not have to do with SCV but i think its pretty sweet

Good luck this season. I watched a tape from one of your camp that was posted on Drumlines.org, I thought it was sounding sweet. The hornline was great. Keep up the good work.

~Jimmy~

SCV is becoming... well not SCV.

no tilted snares... match stick... now if they change to shakos... OH ITS JUST TO HORRIBLE TO THINK ABOUT!!

~>conner

EDIT; i need to learn to spell.

Edited by PhantomR

matched grip is the only practical grip in modern times the only logical reason to use traditional is if your drums are tilted (and it looks cool)...from what i understand SCV is leaning their drums slightly forward to cater to the natural relaxed position of the hand...imo they are gonna throw down regardless

no tilted snares... match stick... now if they change to shakos... OH ITS JUST TO HORRIBLE TO THINK ABOUT!!

~>conner

Clearly you are a young'n. When I grew up and went to high school (late 70s-early 80s), our line played matched grip because we admired the Vanguard. That's right! The Vanguard of old was matched grip! So clearly they are returning to their roots, and NOT abandoning the old Vanguard traditions.

~>conner

SCV has used match grip in the past. 1983 and 1995 are two years I give as examples.

Oh, and for that spelling problem...http://www.dictionary.com.

^0^

why thank you kevin!

~>conner

Oh, and for that spelling problem...http://www.dictionary.com.

^0^

hehe.

SCV has used match grip in the past.  1983 and 1995 are two years I give as examples.

And 78,79,80.....

If they are wearing white pants,theyve done that too.As long as they continue being a great corps,I dont care if theyre naked. ^0^

Good luck this season. I watched a tape from one of your camp that was posted on Drumlines.org, I thought it was sounding sweet. The hornline was great. Keep up the good work.

~Jimmy~

Hey Folks...I started this post to find out about SCV's newest percussion arranger, Ed Bargarena. Man you guys get way off topic fast!! Start your own discussion. Sheesh!!!