NEW SCV Arranger?!?

drums4u

SCV is becoming... well not SCV.

no tilted snares... match stick... now if they change to shakos... OH ITS JUST TO HORRIBLE TO THINK ABOUT!!

~>conner

EDIT; i need to learn to spell.

SCV used matched for years in the 70's and early 80's. if anything they are going throwback

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if Ed is an arranger for SCV; pit, battery or both. If I remember correctly, he marched with SCV in '87.

Last year, he wrote a few of Dream's (senior corps in LA)arrangements for brass.

One of the biggest reasons that the Empire Statesmen of the late 80's and early 90's played matched grip was that their instructor, Tim Stodd was a SCV alumni. He played in their snare line sometime in the 80's.

Donny

SCV is getting new unis, and the snares are tilted forward. that is for sure.

also, they used matched in 1996.

SCV is getting new unis, and the snares are tilted forward. that is for sure.

also, they used matched in 1996.

Typo?

Last year they were matched was 95. 19996 they went back to trad.

matched grip is the only practical grip in modern times the only logical reason to use traditional is if your drums are tilted (and it looks cool)...from what i understand SCV is leaning their drums slightly forward to cater to the natural relaxed position of the hand...imo they are gonna throw down regardless

Many kit players still use traditional along with the vast majority of the DCI lines, modern times or not. As far as SCV is concerned, with some of their youth in the line and changes in staff, this could be an off year for them. I'm not automatically going to assume they're going to throw down just because they're SCV......

Edited by oldtimedrummer