Happy BIRTHDAY, LANCERFI!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday Nancy!

:rolleyes:

Here's to a very Happy Birthday to my rifle girl, my connection to the old school from the East Coast, the wonderful days of yesteryear, the woman who represents all that is great and beautiful about drum corps and its colorful history, and I wish you many many more birthdays to come!

I just love her!

Legend - neener neener - I beat ya, man!!!!!!

LOL - OK Rob - you beat me. But remember - I marched with her, sat with her on the bus, and traveled all of the country with her. And yes - she knows my love for her. We have so many wonderful stories of life and friends and kicking drum corps butt.

And to you my dear LancerFi - my love and best wishes for many more happy birthdays and all that comes with it.

Don't forget - I am her Maine man. :rolleyes:

OK, my dear, which one are you?

27in1975b.jpg

Now Rob - please - if you are going to be a stalker lets at least get the years correct. This is 1975 - the hint is the flags in the background. The original white and green "tail" flags with a red stripe (The red stripe was added in 1975.)

LancerFi first began spinning in 1976. The bottom photo is 1979. I am not sure where she is hiding. Those flags have the streamers and were yellow, black, and red.

Now Rob - please  - if you are going to be a stalker lets at least get the years correct. This is 1975 - the hint is the flags in the background. The original white and green "tail" flags with a red stripe (The red stripe was added in 1975.)

LancerFi first began spinning in 1976. The bottom photo is 1979. I am not sure where she is hiding. Those flags have the streamers and were yellow, black, and red.

Um Legend, we didn't have the yellow, black and red flags until 1979....I too marched with the silks from 75...

Quick edit, sorry Legend, yes, 79 were the flags you mention however in 76 we had either the same silks from 75 or the red may have been removed midway thru the season. As well, I began spinning when I was 2 or 3, wait I'll put those pictures up on the "old photos thread". I'm sure you were drumming out of the womb as well! I didn't have a choice, with the whole family involved, it looked like Broadway to me!! And I don't mean Broadway Revere!! :P

If I hadn't been in love, I would have been on the field in 75, my mistake!!! By then I had been marching quite a while, but what a year I picked to take a break! Great year to watch, but an even greater year to march!! :rolleyes:

In typing class everyday right up until March of 75, Darla would say, you have to, you must, we need one more rifle.....was I stupid? YES! Anyway, they ended up getting that 13 or 14 year old from Malden or Medford (her name alludes me now-however it will come back to me), at the end of 75 Darla and I went to pick up her uniform...luckily it fit me.

In this 1979 photo I am on the 55, not the point of the pyramid right up front, but behind the point on the 55, so the 2nd rifle back.....one of George B's daughters is also in this photo, she is the point on the 55.

Edited by LancerFi

Nancy, like fine old cheese, you improve with age........but you sure smell lots better!

Again Happy Birthday!!!

This was taken in 2003 in the pressbox.......

Can everyone say UG all at once? With that wet and sweaty hair? Oh my, and sneakers? Very unlike me! Oh well, at least I wore them 3 times.....they hurt more than shoes do!

Edited by LancerFi

Thanks to all of you! The poems, sonnets and well wishes made my day.

Thank you so very much! It is appreciated!! :D

I :rolleyes: you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!