Who got 1st place robbed from them

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No guard on first tour to plug drill holes? That's an incredible amount of holes to fill.  To overcome all of that and still come within a hair of winning it all in what many believe to be the most competitive year in drum corps history is nothing short of remarkable.  :blink:  :blink:  :worthy:

Wait a minute, I think you've got us confused with Two-Seven! I marched Oakland Crusaders (but referred to Two-Seven several times in my post). Only in my dreams did I march Two-Seven! :P

Whoa, I just about had a brain meltdown there. Nearly winning it all? Us? In 1980? Eh, not quite. But thanks for the little burst of adrenaline that fantasy thought gave me!

Crossmen were horrible that year! That was the year they tried to morph into the Muchachos! They also removed about 1.5 minutes of their show the last week of the year. I actually think Alliance should of beat them. I do agree that Sky Ryders and Bridgmen were pretty bad. But Sky had an amazing horn line and Bayyone had a great drumline

Perhaps you might be thinking of the 1985? Crossmen ?? 83 Crossmen were outstanding, just too many good corps, I guess..OTL of "Russlan & Ludmilla" was a technical monster and a much harder arrangement than Geneseos (Though I like them both) ....Overall, I think Crossmen had a great visual program and definetly should have made finals.........

~G~

I have watched the 80 shows for BD and 27 many many times as well. I really think that 27 just did not have it that night. On the video you can hear Steve Rondinaro saying that there was something missing in the performance. I think they peaked at DCI east. A 6th place hornline did not help but BD was at least that far down in percussion so they could of won. I personally like the 79 show better.

I have watched the 80 DVD many times on surround sound and still think it might have possibly been a tie, because BD was somewhat flat to me with their ending.

Everyone is always saying that about 27's performance. Well, that is how I feel about BD's performance. Technically they were great, but emotionally I didn't get as excited watching them as I did watching 27. Especially that color guard. (27's) and I'm a horn person... :)

I guess different strokes for different folks. :) I don't want anyone from BD to take offense to that, I'm saying this from a fans perspective cause I love both shows, I still think it should've been a tie. :)

Digging both shows! :blink:

Wait a minute, I think you've got us confused with Two-Seven! I marched Oakland Crusaders (but referred to Two-Seven several times in my post). Only in my dreams did I march Two-Seven! :P

Whoa, I just about had a brain meltdown there. Nearly winning it all? Us? In 1980? Eh, not quite. But thanks for the little burst of adrenaline that fantasy thought gave me!

Oops, my bad. I should have known better. B)