Who got 1st place robbed from them

i'll start with just one. Star '93... shoulda got first for that one and everyone i know doesnt seem to know why. i though it was better executed than the Cadets that year, and i mean no disrespect to the Cadets of that year, i love that show too(second fav that year) i just think Star should have gotten it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think that 1980 27th Lancers got robbed by the Blue Devils. That was my own personal bias toward 2-7 talking. BD had a great show and it should have won (and did), but Lancers' show was just outstanding. That guard (rifle and flag) SOLD that show to the audience. It was one amazing performance that impacted guards from that time forward. Reverberations are STILL being felt 25 years later.

I have literally watched the 27th Lancers show hundreds of times (no exaggeration!) and I STILL get excited by what they put on the field. I never tire of it. BD's show was so clean and the horn book was phenomenal. But 27th's guard put BD and all other guards away. The only other close guard in my book was Spirit.

So, while BD did win 1980, 27th Lancers was (kind of) robbed.

Totally awkward thread. If I suggest someone got robbed, then it puts me on the spot and saying the champ didn't deserve to win. Oh well - stick my neck on the chopping block.

78 Phantom

80 27th (I am biased)

04 BD's

Totally awkward thread. If I suggest someone got robbed, then it puts me on the spot and saying the champ didn't deserve to win. Oh well - stick my neck on the chopping block.

78 Phantom

80 27th (I am biased)

04 BD's

Wow.. I thought we were robbed in 1978...

I'd have to disagree with 80 27th. There were a lot of people hoping that they could pull it off like they did in Allentown, but their finals performance that night was kinda flat (on tv, Rondo said that "something just...didn't happen", which was the feeling a lot of people had). When Devs came out after them, it was clear who was on that night and who wasn't.

Would also strongly disagree about Devs getting ripped in '04 - their show was well played, but disjointed in comparison to Cavaliers. If anything, my feeling was that SCV should have taken 2nd.