Omaha Railmen

The scan makes it look gold, but it is actually a light blue with (very) aged, yellowing plastic covering. Railmen_Pin.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Well, was told by an old Railmen alum Brad Johnson there was a Railmen Thread running. Couldn't pass that up.

Any Railmen vet's get up and post. Pictures would rock the hiizzouse!

I'm of course completely in suport of a Omaha based corps. The financial hurdles would be the most difficult to get past, but there is abundant talent in the Omaha Kansas City Area.

Scattered Memories:

Making the Union Pacific Shield complete with blue and red banners and a Banner with the UP Slogan "We Can Handle it" Of course there was the show when it was opened upsidedown.

Checking out Mrs. Hinkledye's(sp) forarm to tell what flavor of Kool-Aid we were going to have.

Having Al Paulson throw my clothes up in a tree at Camp Okoboji in '84

Marching with Chad Sexton (from 311) and having his band get signed

Having Pete Tolhizen (sp) and Frank Troyka bring me up in front of the corps so they could throw a cream pie in my face for sleeping in late and missing "Frankersize" in 85 (at Camp Okoboji again)

Train trips!!

The end of the brass chord in Blue Skies in 89 with 28 horns rock the house in tune!

1990 Finals

Hanging out with Chet and Alan (from Illinos) in 91 in Fontenelle Forrest, drinking some brews after their first day of rehearsal. Of cours the cops come and I'm scared to death I'll have to call the Director to bail us out of Jail. Everything turned out ok. Maybe will finish that one later...

Dave Turman and the frontline with the perfect ending to the 91 Show!

Si-ga-da-bo-ga-da Hu-ga-da-bo-ga-da.... up the butt.

I've got 50 pounds of meat sitting in the parking lot

Hearing the announcer say everything in French in Montreal

In '93 and having a real Train run right behind the stadium blowing it's whistle in the middle of our show. Hey.... we were the Railmen....

Senior corps..... what a blast. And we literally finished learing the drill RIGHT before we went on the field at DCM.

Singing When I first Saw You at 1990 Finals

1995. I know it was rough for everyone, but I had a blast.

Monty Python Brass Line Small Ensemeble entry

Railmen Family

Later folks,

Bill Trulove

Soprano Bugle

Brass Instructor

Arranger

Janitor

Well, was told by an old Railmen alum Brad Johnson there was a Railmen Thread running.  Couldn't pass that up.

It's about time you showed up!

I saw Greg Wiese at DCA this weekend, and he was asking about where you went; I gave him the three phone numbers I had for you.

He's planning to put together an Erie Thunderbirds alumni corps for next summer. Three rehearsals or so, and an appearance at DCA. Sound good?

The 1987 DCI video has some footage of the Railmen, talking about corporate sponsorship being the next big thing in corps.

Good lord, somebody remembers the Railmen!

Hey everyone. Bill Trulove! Good to see that you are still out and about. How is life treating you?

well, since we are sharing favorite memories:

93...93 was tough for me...####, I was uber-rookie. I sucked.

94...getting chewed out by some Governaire's members at DCM when we beat them. Reading in DCWorld about us this exact quote: "...this corps came prepared, and it showed!" after we learned the closer drill the night before. Meeting some guys while marching at Bluecoats in 96 who had seen us at DCM and were the kids in the front row going nuts at Bill and Dave's solos in "What is Hip?"

95...Bar none, the toughest summer of my life, but I learned more, excelled more, and made better friendships that summer than the other 3 years I marched. Brass warmups in all of the fun places we had them...on the footbridge in Kansas City, on the dock in Grand Haven, Michigan, etc. Of course, the Monty Python Brass Ensemble, getting a 9.1 in performance brass with 9 horns. Favorite quote from a judge at DCI Prelims..."Oh...#### mellophones."

Well, glad to see some Railnerds out and about. Look for me at the Railmen Yahoo group

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see a railmen thread!!

my favorites:

Omar I GOTTA GET OFF THIS BUS!!

Blasting Frank Zappa before every show '91

"pizza"

Brad Woll quotes

Brad Simmons quotes

John Duncan quotes

Trying to keep a straight face in retreat

***THE LOVE SHACK!!!!!!!***

Shout outs to Bill, Leland, Brian, WHATS UP TY!

I marched pit '91, snare '92, '93

Crossmen 1997 Bass, U. North Texas '94-'95

UNL for one week

Taught Bellevue E. with Keith, Millard West '98, '99, and Papillion

currently I have a line out here in MARYLAND

watch out for Papillion this year... they will be unbelievable

Anyone heard of Jason Lindsay? I heard he was a producer in LA. Jon Hermach anyone?

And I WILL start a drum corps in Omaha. Thanks!

Regards,

cf (Josh S.)