1984 Suncoast Sound

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah....DVD is finals...thank GOD they caught the waving flag drill (####ing brilliant!)

Thanks, I appreciate that. I've seen that idea (waving lines) recycled a few times over the years but as far as I know it originated with 84 Suncoast. (At least I know I wasn't consciously copying anybody when I thought of it). B)

Thanks, I appreciate that.  I've seen that idea (waving lines) recycled a few times over the years but as far as I know it originated with 84 Suncoast.  (At least I know I wasn't consciously copying anybody when I thought of it). B)

It wasn't just the waving motion from the musicians, it was also the stripes formed by teh guard and the peac sign from teh batery in teh blue field

I have this DVD too, and I agree with Sam, I love Suncoast Sound 1984! I agree it is very underrated, from the horn line to the drill. I loved and LOVE that show. :blink: :)

I have this DVD too, and I agree with Sam,  I love Suncoast Sound 1984! I agree it is very underrated, from the horn line to the drill. I loved and LOVE that show.  :blink:  :)

Except for 86 I think Suncoast was (sadly) ALWAYS underrated.

Jack Meehan was warming us up for one of the 2 Drum Beauty shows in 84 when Wayne came up to the line and said he just heard the sweetest brass ensemble in drum corps....referring to Suncoast doing "Requium"