That One Special Person that made you Love DC

I came to love drum corps on my own....but I can tell you who made me hate drum corps today.

Okay, I'll bite....who?

It was my high school band director who made me love drum corps. His passion for the acitvity was not common for my area at that time. Many high school directors considered it a "taboo." They were afraid kids would come back knowing more than they did. Some didn't like the idea of them missing summer band practices. Please.......like we didn't practice all summer long! :worthy:

Anyway it was him and a friend of mine who encouraged me to get involved.

It's not Hopkins.

*tapping finger on tooth*

Hmmmmmmm.....who could it be, who could it be?????

My high school band director was a "Spirit" junkie..I would say. I played every song, (Just about) in my high school that Spirit played and SCV too. But Robin Wofford was the drum major of the Memphis Blues in 1980 and he was the student teacher in our high school at the time. He really got me into it, I remember he had a love for the Bridgemen. They caught my attention too as well as 27.

We had a lot of kids marching in the Memphis Blues from our High School. We were really close to the Memphis line.

But I would say my high school band director also,cause he would have DCI parties when they used to show DCI on PBS...the full shows. And Robin Wofford got me to try out. :) So I blame them Robin is still involved today and his daughters marched in Spirit last year. :) So did his wife. I see them when we go to the Kennesaw show. :) I always tell him, "It's all your fault". I'm glad I still see him around in the activity today and it's cool his kids march too.

Edited by Lancerlady

For me it was seeing Santa Clara Vanguard, Troopers, Kilties and The Blue Stars

in Racine Wisconsin, in 1973!!

Up until then I was just going through the motions but seeing these cats up close, that was special!! B)

Some of our colour guard were in a movie the Trooopers did at that show!!!!

Edited by ODBC