Actual awards

A while back Jeff and I PMed MikeN about the possibilities of having "awards" for DCP-I/A championships. This being for both the caption award AND Finals. The only hold back was the shipping cost. I told Mike I could give him the money if that's all the problem is.

Does anyone else here think that giving "awards" would be a good thing?

A while back Jeff and I PMed MikeN about the possibilities of having "awards" for DCP-I/A championships.  This being for both the caption award AND Finals.  The only hold back was the shipping cost.  I told Mike I could give him the money if that's all the problem is.

Does anyone else here think that giving "awards" would be a good thing?

I think it would most definatly be a good thing. It may even spark more interest, and we could gain some more corps for this season!

BTW, we are talking t-shirts and other corps related paraphenalia donated to DCP. So nothing like a trophy or anything like that...unless we have some online artists who can makeup/photoshop some trophies.

Besides the caption awards...a few more I thought of..

Rookie corps of the season

Most improved corps from the previous "live" season

Edited by sburstall

We could do the Spirit of Disney award, or something like it....

Corps director of the year... (most active director....)

We could even get people to do reviews or something

Sounds cool!

Another award idea might be most creative show idea. I know there was a contest similar to that during the House Cup.

that does, yes

We could do the Spirit of Disney award, or something like it....

Corps director of the year... (most active director....)

We could even get people to do reviews or something

You might have to call that "Spirit of DCP" award, to avoid issues with Da Rat, Inc. B)

Perhaps that could be the award that Steve was talking about doing last season for best show design.

I'm for those awards and such.... it'd be a nice extra incentive for members to be active in the season. (Although, you all may want to just drop your chances at the Spirit of DCP(Disney) award because The Potomac River Knights will win that title)... :P