Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City!

It is natural grass...they changed it in 1994.

Yes they changed it when they got Joe montana as their QB. He wouldn't play on the turf and wanted grass. The team will not subject their field to DCI

Yes they changed it when they got Joe montana as their QB.  He wouldn't play on the turf and wanted grass.  The team will not subject their field to DCI

I wonder if they would if one of Priest Holmes kids marched in a corps??

b**bs

I loved it...a great place to age out.

Tom Shea

Knights 83-88

www.tomshea.blogspot.com

An interesting note of interest is that Arrowhead Stadium is BUILT for sound to resonante in the stadium, i.e. everything be LOUDER. (see Chiefs crowd any home game).

Yeah. I like that in drum corps  :rock:

Oh my gosh you just gave me a very ENJOYABLE flashback. 1988 Blue Devils. I managed to sneak a seat that just happened to be open during that corps' finals performance just to side 1 of the 50 yard line on the top row of the lower level. LET ME PUT IT TO YOU THIS WAY!!!!! I've been to Metalica concerts that were not as loud as that. NO JOKE! The only time I've been subjected to that much volume was that same year in Glenwood Springs CO. from the very same corps during a music only run at 8:00PM as they rehearsed at the same school as us in a small stadium with metal stands and NO TRACK!

Edited by torn8o

• 1 month later...

I must say after playing there for college marching band, all-metro marching band, and KC 150 Herald Trumpet Club (I know I was a bando at one time) it is a great place to play and it is LOUD in there. Also, very well maintain. In addition, it is in a great location; really easy to get to. Intersection of I-70 and I-71, not much easier than that. Plus, Kansas City is a historical landmark to music. 18th and Vine is just a great tourism place. The bar-b-que there is the best. If you haven't expierence Arthur Bryant's Bar-B-Que then you are truly missing. Is it obvious that I am native to the KC Area?

• 2 weeks later...

I love Arrowhead. That was the best stadium I had the privlidge of performing in during my 10 years. It was also a great stadium from a fan's persepctive. I'd love it if Championships were held there again.

I have always wondered why Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City has not been used for either DCI World Championships or even a midwestern regional since 1989. I marched my first two years in that stadium and I remember it being great accoustically. The dip in the end zones seemes to create a very unique sound sonically speaking that makes a corps sound great. Why has DCI not ever tried to book this bad boy again? Or have they tried and failed for some reason? I think it's the perfect staduim for Drum Corps.

I heard Phantom did too much structural damage to it in 89 :rolleyes: