1 - Cavaliers

2 - Cadets

3 - Blue Devils

4 - Madison Scouts

5 - Bluecoats

6 - Pantom Regiment

7 - Carolina Crown

8 - Boston Crusaders

9 - Santa Clara Vanguard (Would this mean they would miss Murfreesboro?)

10 - Blue Knights

11 - Glassmen

12 - Mandarins

13 - Spirit from JSU

14 - Crossmen

15 - Colts

16 - Capital Regiment

17 - Southwind

18 - Seattle Cascades

19 - Esperanza

20 - Magic

21 - Troopers

22 - Kiwanis Kavaliers

23 - Revolution (Div III)

A Blue Coat refers to something you wear.

A Bluecoat refers to the men and women of the police force.

We are talking about a bunch of kids in a drum and bugle corps, not the police force. Be glad that people are talking about your corps, no matter how they spell it!

Bluecoats

BluCotes

Blue Coats

BlooooCoats....

It's all the same and we all know it.

We are talking about a bunch of kids in a drum and bugle corps, not the police force.  Be glad that people are talking about your corps, no matter how they spell it!

Bluecoats

BluCotes

Blue Coats

BlooooCoats....

It's all the same and we all know it.

Steve, I'm kinda surprised at you....it's NOT the same, and YOU know it. If people kept calling Spirit "Spirit of Georgia" long after they removed themselves from that situation, you wouldn't mind? I'll bet in your heart, they are still THE "Spirit of Atlanta." I know they are in mine.

Looks, it's a simple thing...perhaps it can be said with more tact, but

Blue Coats =! Bluecoats

Crossman =! Crossmen

Glassman =! Glassmen

Nick =! Nikk :P

Perhaps next time someone messes this up they can be corrected more...gently...but they DO need to be corrected.

Names are one of the things that define an organization. Somehow, I don't think that the Santa Clara Vanguard would be as dignified and wonderful an organization if they were called the Santa Clara Meter Maids.

Steve, I'm kinda surprised at you....it's NOT the same, and YOU know it.  If people kept calling Spirit "Spirit of Georgia" long after they removed themselves from that situation, you wouldn't mind? 

That's quite different though, Nikk. It's not that the name was incorrect, only the spelling was. Now, if they changed their name to Blue Demons or something, then I wouldn't have any problem with people correcting them. But Bluecoats vs. Blue Coats? Come on! It's only a matter of spacing! It's the equivalent to people spelling SpiritofAtlanta. I don't have a problem with that.

Edited by ssorrell

That's quite different though, Nikk.  It's not that the name was incorrect, only the spelling was.  Now, if they changed their name to Blue Demons or something, then I wouldn't have any problem with people correcting them.  But Bluecoats vs. Blue Coats?  Come on!  It's only a matter of spacing! It's the equivalent to people spelling SpiritofAtlanta. I don't have a problem with that.

It may not be the same to us, but it's important to those people who are fans and alumni of the corps, and we should respect that.

Could they be nicer about how they correct people? Perhaps.

***OFFICIAL RESULTS***

Come back and give me a cookie when I'm right ;)

1 > Cavaliers

2 > Blue Devils

3 > Cadets

4 > Phantom Regiment

5 > Madison Scouts

6 > Bluecoats

7 > Carolina Crown

8 > Boston Crusaders

9 > Santa Clara Vanguard

10>Blue Knights

11>Glassmen

12>Mandarins

I'm kind of thinking along these lines as well. What the heck, it's fun to see where our predictions fall. Though I do hope Spirit makes it in.

It may not be the same to us, but it's important to those people who are fans and alumni of the corps, and we should respect that.

Could they be nicer about how they correct people?  Perhaps.

Agreed Nikk. I respect Bluecoats immensely and love to see the corps turning it up a notch this year. They are rocking the top as we speak (type).

I know how to type the name and I hope no one takes offense when someone unintentionally places a space in their name. That's a common mistake when writing a compound word. I'm sure there is no harm nor disrespect intended.

One thing's for sure, when you say it, it comes out the same no matter how you write it.