MiniCorps' at DCA Alumni show

Lighten up people.

All of my quotes are my opinion...and my opinion only. The T-Birds do not necessarily agree with all of my opinions. If you want to call anyone names, I suggest you take it out on me, not the Thunderbirds. Call me a whiner, a sore loser, a jerk.......call me whatever you want. Do not blame the Thunderbirds for my remarks. Some people like me, some don't. I usually let my playing do the talking. I get a more positive response. I won't posting anything from now on in regards to last years minicorps competition except for this: "I think Mass Brass shoulda won."

Thank you...........Thank you very much

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW, you're TALKIN'!!! :P :blink::blink::worthy:

I appreciate your zeal, solosop. That's what DOES make this fun! We can always mix it up over on the MCA site if you'd like.

I do realize these debates can get heated but we're all competitors.

I do disagree with one thing you posted, Liz. Despite the occasional members' rant, the Erie Thunderbirds are a fine organization that has withstood much difficulty to survive for 50 years. I know of MANY corps that would be grateful to have survived half as long. Denegrating a corps that has shown the tenacity to stay together half a century does nothing to further the activity, IMHO.

(I'm sure you were just ###### about the way posts went and didn't really mean it though, did you?:worthy:)

NOW, you're TALKIN'!!! :P  :blink:  :worthy:  :worthy:

I appreciate your zeal, solosop. That's what DOES make this fun! We can always mix it up over on the MCA site if you'd like.

I do realize these debates can get heated but we're all competitors.

I do disagree with one thing you posted, Liz. Despite the occasional members' rant, the Erie Thunderbirds are a fine organization that has withstood much difficulty to survive for 50 years. I know of MANY corps that would be grateful to have survived half as long. Denegrating a corps that has shown the tenacity to stay together half a century does nothing to further the activity, IMHO.

(I'm sure you were just ###### about the way posts went and didn't really mean it though, did you?:blink:)

SO then.....................How 'bout those Red Sox....... :P

Quotes like:  "T-BIRDS ARE READY.......BE AFRAID!"  - are quotes to make trouble for fun.  I like to "stir up the pot" - However - My main objective is voice the opinion of the unbiased majority.  It seems like last years Minicorps competition will never end.  I took DA's advice, and now last years CD from the Minicorps competition is my new Frizbee.  See, DA, I do listen to you. (#%@%)

I realize that I react "Harshly" at times.  I do apologize if I offend anyone.  This still won't stop me from responding to a post in which I firmly believe is a strike against me or the Thunderbirds.  And now, at this time, I would like to recap:

"T-BIRDS ARE READY............BE AFRAID!"

I haven't seen anyone slam the T-Birds, nor could anyone slam them. Gibby'd rip a triple c in their face

i could frankly care less that your are a drum corps that is going to be 50 next year.  in my opinion from some of the comments here, IMO you are a drum corps that has no class.  haven't you ever heard the line "you are only as strong as your weakest link"?  many of the other drum corps who are still out there competing on the field on a weekly basis have been around over 50 years and have far more class than has been shown here.  maybe that is why they are still on the field and you guys aren't.  :worthy:

i'm sorry but i found absolutely no humor in many of the comments i have read since last Labor Day.  they do not seem based in humor but instead in anger and jealousy.  everybody wants to win.  even the corps that comes in last.  but it is how you portray yourself when you are the one that loses that really matters.  it's been 11 months now and the message that the Thunderbirds, via some of their members, have sent has been heard loud and clear.  too bad it wasn't a good one.  :(

I'm sorry you feel this way about the Thunderbirds. If you go to the post regarding our show here in Erie you will see that we really are a corps with dignity and class. You can't just take the opinion of one person and tack it on to an entire group. If you ask any members of the corps who competed here you will find that we opened our arms to the competing corps and tried very hard to make them feel at home. I personally drove a staff member of Mon Valley to the store to get pants for a uniform.

One persons rants (or stirring up the pot) is not the Thunderbirds as a whole. I hope your opinion will change.

Have a super day !!!!! :blink:

I like the T birds and I like Nick!!!

Has anything changed in the judging criteria??

Donny

Wait a minute...if I support the T-Birds...does that mean I HAVE to like Nick (or ANY of those guys, for that matter)???

:worthy: :P :P :blink:

BTW, Yes, Donny!

I've just been informed by DCA that they are resurrecting the tick system just for mini corps!! WOO-HOO!!! :P

Wait a minute...if I support the T-Birds...does that mean I HAVE to like Nick (or ANY of those guys, for that matter)???

:worthy:  :P  :P  :blink:

BTW, Yes, Donny!

I've just been informed by DCA that they are resurrecting the tick system just for mini corps!! WOO-HOO!!! :P

I can answer your question strutta. The answer is: "YES." You HAVE to like me.

You have no choice. I ain't goin' anywhere. Love me, hate me.....(I enjoy Love/Hate relationships.) Here are some reasons why you must like Nick:

1. I am good-looking

2. I know how to play Soprano

3. I drink Beer

4. I am funny

5. My "Sir" name is: Nicolini Vincenso Don Juan/Giovanni "el Guapo" Filia.....

.........CASANOVA is my Title.

6. Most importantly, I am good-looking

These are just a few reasons why to like/love Nick Filia. I have references if needed. Again, strutta, you must remain on my "buddy list" or you may/may not see that $20 I owe you. lol

BTW - Patriots/ Red Sox Stink

Edited by SoloSop420