Worst Champion of All Time

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think visually a winning show...musically, nah. I don't think they should've won with a 4th place hornline, regardless of the visual package.

Same can be said for Cavies 2001 (Surprised no one mentioned that...I think?)

Don't be surprised. You said it, but I was thinking it.

How did they make such a big improvement in hornline quality from 01 to 02?...that was night and day

Don't be surprised.  You said it, but I was thinking it.

How did they make such a big improvement in hornline quality from 01 to 02?...that was night and day

Actually I thought the 2001 hornline was quite good....in my opinion, the vast improvement happened between 2000 and 2001.

Maybe it was the switch to Bb horns?

Well, I'll play but I will say in advance that my post is in no way taking away or cheapining the merit or the achievement of the corps I chose.

WIth that said, I still have to scrath my head when I recall 1992 and Cavaliers in first :huh:

Star of Indiana had it all over the Cavaliers that year, a much more demanding, exposed show with plenty of style variance and a superc lean set of performances.

Cavaliers, on finals night in particular, left me flat with a less than stellar performance, void of emotion and chock full of performance issues. An uncharacteristicly sloppy drill, a somewhat fogettable concept and a show design that, in my opinion, was a step down from the year before.

I really believe both Star and Cadets (who were in fire finals night) belonged above the Cavaliers that night in 1992.

just my opinion..love all shows though.

~G~

Hmm...I can't hum a single measure from the Blue Devil's show, yet I can hum ALL of the Cavies show from that year.  In my opinion, Blue Devils had some of the worst music that year (arranging, not execution).  I KNOW that the Cavies were clean.  I own the dvds.  Try watching them sometime.  Thanks...

Interesting. You know what they say about opinions though ?? I thought "Awayday blue" was one of BD's better OTL's and I can hum that entire show - I loved four corners and this show just about even.

Funny thing about DVD's , they can never take the place of seeing it live, which thankfully I got the chance to do twelve times that year. Live shows, try them sometime. Thanks..........

~G~

You obviously werent there in the stands when they blew the house down that night.

That horn line was on fire!! :huh:

Totally agree. That show was untouchable, in a class of its own, Phantom Regiment had to "cath up" to the level of the Blue Devils that they were already at.

A hot, intense, GE packed show.

~G~

Blue Devils 1997. In a year chock full of great shows -- SCV, Madison, Cadets, Crossmen -- this was probably the least memorable product on the field. I don't deny they were squeaky clean, but beyond that -- zzzzzz.

My runners-up would be Cadets '93 and Blue Devils '03.

If you like frameworks that is fine, and if you want to dig into my post and take something of reference and turn it into a reality, then oh well.  The DVD comment was for reference for people that want to take a looksy, but take it however you want for your own agenda.  There were blatant things "live" if I have to go there that were not a 99 level.  They should have won, as I said earlier, BUT not a 99.  'Nough said.

Hey Man, There was no 'Dig' intended in my post, nor do I have an agenda. I understand your point about it not being a 99. I think most people just typically miss the fact that judges dont catch everything at the show, which is why some Corps will win even if they have say a flag drop etc. So no agenda, and not digging man, just different opinions.