Worst Champion of All Time

If you look at the scores of the champion corps from the last 15 - 20 years '96 was a sub-par year for the activity.  I am not saying that any of the corps were less good but when you see the champion scoring only 97.4 you have to think that nobody was particularly outstanding.

That means nothing. You can't compare scores from year to year. And the fact that judges today are more likely to give out 9.9s and 10.0s to the top corps doesn't mean that they're nearly perfect whereas the corps that won their captions with 9.7s eight or ten years ago were somehow inferior. A score is just a number to compare corps in the same show on the same night. This ain't track and field where a 4-minute mile is a 4-minute mile wherever you go.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could Garfield '87 (they were still Garfield then B) ) possibly be anyone's least favorite?  I understand that tastes vary, but it's at the top of my list of all-time greats.  I can't even get my mind around the idea that someone might not like it. - LOL - :whistle:

I think I had mentioned on DCP a while back that I'm the only person who doesn't like both Garfield '87, as well was SCV from the same year. I hadn't grown around to liking CBC '93 until recently, either.

Garfield 1984.

That is all.

Garfield 1984.

That is all.

Umm...explain. You realize you can't pass judgement on a show to which your not completely accustomed, as in having listened to and watched it multiple times, right?

Edited by Hrothgar15

I think I had mentioned on DCP a while back that I'm the only person who doesn't like both Garfield '87, as well was SCV from the same year. I hadn't grown around to liking CBC '93 until recently, either.

And I think I posted right after you that 1987 Garfield isnt my cup of tea either. I prefer 87 SCV . I totally get the concept, the beauty, the flawless execution, the flowing drill, the musical impact ....It just isnt appealing to me.

~G~

Umm...explain. You realize you can't pass judgement on a show to which your not completely accustomed, as in having listened to and watched it multiple times, right?

Im confused, are you guysa stating that you "dont" like the show, or you do ??

Imo, Thats one of the best shows to ever hit the field so Im curious as to why someone would feel different...just curious, as stated.

~G~

I understand that tastes vary, but it's at the top of my list of all-time greats.  I can't even get my mind around the idea that someone might not like it. - LOL - :whistle:

Of course, you're the guy who doesn't like SCV 2000, a show that received the title "best show ever" several times in a recent thread :worthy:

Im confused, are you guysa stating that you "dont" like the show, or you do ??

Imo, Thats one of the best shows to ever hit the field so Im curious as to why someone would feel different...just curious, as stated.

~G~

Oh, whoops, I thought the poster meant that Garfield 1984 was the worst champion of all time. Of course I love that show. When people from the audience start throwing things onto the field (what are those, anyway?), it has to be good.