The Loudest Crowd Response ....

Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?

• 1992 - The VK Shark
    • 1995 - The end of Madison's "A Drum Corps Fans Dream"
    • 1997 - The end of Madison's "Pirates of Lake Mendota"
    • 2002 - Cavaliers "Fight Club"
    • 2003 - The End of Phantom's Harmonic Journey (and FINALLY ending on a resolving chord)

Some loud crowd responses I've heard

1996 Phantom Regiment

1996 Madison Scouts

1999 Santa Clara Vanguard (folding block)

2000 The Cadets (drum break, hornline diddy, and closing push)

2003 Blue Devils (closing push)

2003 Phantom Regiment *****************

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loudest isn't even on the list: 1994 27th Lancers' Reunion Corps. Hands down.

Honorable Mention: 1982 SCV, 1988 Madison, 1995 Madison

All good choices. I'd say just about whenever Santa Clara did the Bottle Dance, there was a huge crowd response. Also, I'd plug Santa Clara in '87. They ended up placing second to Garfield, but I think they won the crowd over that night. Spirit of Atlanta got a huge ovation in '80.

The crowd for 84 Blue Devils was loud and on their feet long before the show was over. Same with the 82 Blue Devils. Screaming fans during the gate turns followed by a roar after our arms went up in the air to signify victory.

Well....we thought it was loud.

Then we heard what the crowd did at the end of Vanguard's show(82).

That was beyond loud and is the longest, loudest ovation I've personally witnessed. Incredible.

I wanted to add my own field experiences (junior corps not alumni)- the end of Can Can in 1977 was deafening on the field and the end of the drum solo in 79 was a long one. Unfortunately it was louder than 80....who would have thunk?!

I haven't been to any of those finals (I went to '04). But, from what I've heard and seen on DVD's and recordings. I would have to agree with many others and say Madison '99. My lord, that crowd at the end with the cross was unreal.

Crowds just don't go nuts like this anymore...

I know, I wish the shows were designed for this type of response, it's the one I want to give.

I would have to agree with SCV and Bottle Dance. However, I would have to say '79. As the defending '78 champion, SCV chose to go on last, even though they finished 3rd in prelims. All season they played Shosticovitch's 9th as their re-entry, however at the end of the push in "If you believe" the color guard drops their flags and come forward into the line, and B'ham goes wild!!

The crowd for 84 Blue Devils was loud and on their feet long before the show was over.

Heh....one of my favoprite things abolut listening to the end of the show...when we hit th last halt and the restatement of the NYF tag, you can clearly hear the crowd going nuts as we cranked it out.

I couldn't hear myself yell after the arms up!!