The Loudest Crowd Response ....

Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?

• 1992 - The VK Shark
    • 1995 - The end of Madison's "A Drum Corps Fans Dream"
    • 1997 - The end of Madison's "Pirates of Lake Mendota"
    • 2002 - Cavaliers "Fight Club"
    • 2003 - The End of Phantom's Harmonic Journey (and FINALLY ending on a resolving chord)

But wasn't 2-7's performance available on the video? Seems like someone I know purchased the video and it was on it.....I could be wrong and getting it mixed up with something else. Things like that happen with age.

Maybe their performance was on the video; it certainly was part of the telecast, but I have no idea about the commercially produced video. I still think it should've been part of the DVD, too.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounded like "Ra Rarira Ow!"

OMG...that was good....still laughing....

could be my brain gettin' old but I don't remember ticks in 83

You could be right, but if you compare the recaps from '83 to '84, '83 had M&M Side 1 and Side 2 (the old way), while in '84, you no longer have that. Here are the recaps from those years from fromthepressbox.com: 1983 recaps and 1984 recaps

But wasn't 2-7's performance available on the video? Seems like someone I know purchased the video and it was on it.....I could be wrong and getting it mixed up with something else. Things like that happen with age.

I know I have my copy, but their is a copy of the show available I know that our own alumni (Steve Groh) produced a "Once more in 94" video. I am thinking DCI recorded it,but I don't understand why they couldn't have added it as an Easter Egg in 94 DCI DVD, it was an important part of history as are all alumni performances, it wouldn't hurt them to add those, like SCV, etc... Yes, in our video in the end it has Rodinaro and Cesario very emotional about it, so I guess it was made by DCI. But I don't know why it wasn't produced in the 1994 DVD's. I don't care about the fact that 27th Lancers was an alumni corps, (or whatever excuse they use) they were part of that performance that year. Anyway...I have my copies, I just feel bad for those who don't, and they could if it was just added in the 94 DVD as an easter egg.

1983 was the first year of the build up system cause it was talked about in "A History of Drum and Bugle Corps" Volume 2 book about the judges not knowing what to do with the Bridgemen's show in 1983 and how the Bridgemen added the blindfolds in the drum solo, right John? :)

You could be right, but if you compare the recaps from '83 to '84, '83 had M&M Side 1 and Side 2 (the old way), while in '84, you no longer have that. Here are the recaps from those years from fromthepressbox.com: 1983 recaps and 1984 recaps

That's just cause in 83 the first year the judges were still figuring it all out.. :laugh:

I have the History of drum corps volumes 1 and 2 and it's in there. :)

Edited by Lancerlady

Here are the recaps from those years from fromthepressbox.com: 1983 recaps and 1984 recaps

Wow...I've looked at these recaps and 85's...we were closer to winnign than I thought.

If we didn't have those penalties and would've marched better, we won. I completely forgot Phantom was one of the marching monsters of 83. And Suncoast taking 12th in percussion in one sub-caption....ouch....

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Troopers from sometime in the mid eighties (1984 i think) when the Crowd went so crazy in the middle of their show that they couldn't start the next tune and i believe ended up having to take a penalty for overtime because the crowd just wouldn't stop screaming that they just stood there waiting until the noise died down enough to start the next song.

Now that would have been loud and long