DCI Season Pass

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the 90 day plan because I wanted to try it first. I'm not that thrilled so far. I have the Top 12 cd collection already...so them offering streaming audio of those recordings doesn't do me a lot of good. And the show coverage is, well, 2 minutes of the show. It's better than nothing, but cost-benefit wise, they'd have to add some stuff to the service if I were to renew.

I took the 90 day plan because I wanted to try it first.  I'm not that thrilled so far.  I have the Top 12 cd collection already...so them offering streaming audio of those recordings doesn't do me a lot of good.  And the show coverage is, well, 2 minutes of the show.  It's better than nothing, but cost-benefit wise, they'd have to add some stuff to the service if I were to renew.

Thanks for the response....I agree with your thoughts. I signed up for the full year, so I guess Im stuck...I thought there would be a lot more current events...

My 2 cents:

I feel it is missing that professionalism that DCI will need to market to its new potential ESPN audience. For the seasoned drum corps veteran, perhaps that Boonac thing might be a laugh or two, but for the uninformed, it looks corny at best. (no offense to Mike). The best thing is the field pass, which has that glitz and glamour they will need to compete for viewers, however, it has been posted at different times each week and hasn't been posted as of Friday this week. You can't have repeat viewers unless its consistent.

I agree with the previous posts. I am quite disappointed with the coverage and offerings. I expected it to be on a higher scale that what DCI offered last year for free. The season pass should at least provide more that what we usually find on the individual corp websites for free. I expected more behind the scenes, more pictures, and videos with definitely higher quality. I wanted to feel that I was at the show through the videos. I do understand that others enjoy the APDs and that makes it worth it for them. Please note that I am very new to drum corps and only participate to see my daughter and her friends. I tend to find more information and background on DCP than on season pass. It will definitely appeal to the long time fans and past performers. However, novices and uninformed drum corp fans may be disappointed.

I do understand that others enjoy the APDs and that makes it worth it for them. 

I don't think you need to join season pass to buy APD's. Users do get a discount, but you'd have to buy a lot of them (at $1 discount per download) to make that the primary reason for joining.

I guess I wasn't expecting that much since I am relatively happy with it. I was not going to sign up, but when I missed the live coverage that we got for free last year, I finally broke down. It is what I was expecting and I am using the streaming audio big time.

I'm kinda dissapointed that we don't get what we always used to on dci for free, and the season pass thing includes a lot more.

that make sense? like... keep w/what we always could have access to on a normal basis.... video clips, picture galleries etc. (heck, the gallery that used to exist is gone now) and then make the season pass something where you can watch 5 minute clips, and see lots of pictures etc.

I'm dissapointed that those who can't drop 90.00 can't see a few pictures and a 1 minute clip like we used to be able to.

So far, I'm okay with it - the summer coverage has been pretty good, but obviously could be better.

I would very much like to see more than one day notice of events that they're covering live - like one week notice, or even a full summer schedule.

Mike