Lewisburg show

Nobody has said anything yet about Lewisburg so I will as a marching member. I don't care who was announcing! But that was the greatest retreat I have ever been a part of!!!!! No unecessary B.S. just hey thanks for coming and here are the scores!!!!!

BING, BOOM, DONE, No best left foot second mellophone section leader, no best farm animal imitation by a mallet player just scores and back to the bus to my ice cold beer! LOVE IT

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only negative of the night were the bugs. They were huge and scary. They were like Jurassic Park bugs. One of them actually punched me in the face and took my lunch money. :beer:

The only negative of the night were the bugs. They were huge and scary. They were like Jurassic Park bugs. One of them actually punched me in the face and took my lunch money.  :beer:

did you look up at the stadium lights at all? there were millions (no, i'm not exaggerating). :beer:

that was really sick looking. ampssuck

Ah, the bugs. Made me feel at home, like a Friday or Saturday evening at Bug -- er, Buc Field.

Must admit I felt a bit like Tippi Hedren in The Birds.

:P

So gross. They needed a bug zapper the size of the Chrysler Building.

I thought the people in front of me had splashed bleach on their pants or something cause they had all these pale streaks on them - and then I realized they were just bugs crawling around.

There was a gigantic bug in the middle of our baritone section. It had to have been 8 inches long, if not longer, and it was probably the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Almost like Jar Jar Binks with wings... yeah, we named him Bill.

Edited by Bari2Euphoni5

I think I saw that same bug - It landed on one of our mello players backs who was in front of me during retreat, and I couldn't move to shoo it off!! It eventually left, after playing a prank on her and snapping her bra strap! Those crazy PA bugs...they're pervs, on top of being annoying!

:P

But yes, retreat was awesomely fast. Great job getting us back to our beer in a timely fashion! :beer:

As a retired marching member and now a member of the bleacher bums, I wish all retreats would have been that short when I marched. The beer was either warm or gone by the time we were done with all the crazy announcements.