Phantom's Wedge

maybe I'm thinking of something different because they didn't do it tonight. here's what I was thinking of:

http://bobbymarko.com/photos/IMG_0596.jpg

not a great photo but you get the idea. I'm sure it's different because now that I think of it, they didn't do this in 92 either. I don't know, would have to pop in the vids to confirm.

that would be the "wedge" not the "Iceberg"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was fun in 1993 but they have been using that same move and same chords over and over again! There must me another way to end their show! A little orignality Phanom!

Oh, and in case you are talking about the "wedge" where the front line kneels down and they kick their feet out, that's been done all of four times: 1989, 1990, sometime in the late 90s (I think), and 2003.

And each time it was different chords, VERY different chords. I understand you don't have to be a music major in order to enjoy drum corps, but for crying out loud: if you can't tell apart 3-4 very different sets of chords, how are we to really take you seriously, especially since what you posted seemed entirely designed to just slam on a corps?

The haters will hate, I guess.

They did the wedge at the end last year too. They kind of teased us with it '02 but it was a block not a wedge, then they brought it out in Orlando in '03 and everyone went nuts!

o talked to Siedling last night. There are more surprises coming. I'm guessing some form of wedge will again close the show. It'll work.

that would be the "wedge" not the "Iceberg"

Thats' what I thought and that's what I thought of because of the subject of this post. So in 93 and 94, was that the "moving wedge"? I had a friend, Steve Canton, march in 94 and he always just called it the "wedge" too.... to many wedges in PR, need better name! :)

just kidding guys!

The iceburg forms out of nowhere this year. It's fantastic.... if they can clean it.

Thats' what I thought and that's what I thought of because of the subject of this post. So in 93 and 94, was that the "moving wedge"? I had a friend, Steve Canton, march in 94 and he always just called it the "wedge" too.... to many wedges in PR, need better name! :)

just kidding guys!

We never called it the "wedge." We always called it just "the crab." :)

I wish we could get the subject line changed for this thread to Iceburg. That is certainly what I meant, just didn't know the right name for it! Regardless, it is AWESOME to see it in the show.

Harvey

We never called it the "wedge."  We always called it just "the crab."  :)

No, that's what they always called you. :P