Quarterfinals Performance Order

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't shoot the messenger, because I don't think it is fair either. But Southwind scored 75.300, 78.550, 80.550, 81.500 and 79.725, which divided by 5 shows gives an average of 79.125. Mndarins scored 79.650 and 79.275, which divided by 2 shows gives an average of 79.462. These are the scores from 7/31-8/6, just like DCI stated.

Don't shoot the messenger, because I don't think it is fair either.  But Southwind scored 75.300, 78.550, 80.550, 81.500 and 79.725, which divided by 5 shows gives an average of 79.125.  Mndarins scored 79.650 and 79.275, which divided by 2 shows gives an average of 79.462.  These are the scores from 7/31-8/6, just like DCI stated.

I don't think many accounted for Mandarins doing the fewer shows. Thats why many are confused. If a corps does one show and scores an 80.90 and another corps does 4 shows, and scores 79.90, 78.75, 79.95, and 81.65...how do you really decide who goes on when... This new system is not fair at all.

That's a good point. I think this was discussed and the corps agreed to it. They may implement a change for the future, though, since it really doesn't seem like a good way to determine order or performance. And, especially at Quarterfinals when an appearance on the big screen is at stake.

Okay, just playing the devil's advocate, here.

When did the goal of these corps become making the live cinecast? Isn't the final ojective to do the best you can?

Some of you aren't happy with SW's position because they won't be shown live but, what does the corps think? For those of you not going to the cinecast now because this or that corps won't be shown, do you have tickets to semis? What if your corps doesn't make it? Will you not go then, either? Crossmen are on the cusp of making finals. What if they don't? Are you Crossmen fans then going to boycott finals because they didn't? Or Spirit fans, same question.

Simply,

1) Would a corps rather make semis and not be shown live at quarters?

Or

2) Would a corps rather be shown live at quarters and have their season end?

Just a hunch, but I'd go with door #1. And no, there is no option 3. B)

Edited by skajerk

Hmm...interesting..and some think there is not such thing as "slotting"... b**bs :P

Just kidding folks...lighten up...yep, they agreed to this. :)