Div 2/3 Prelims Order of Performance

The Mystré organization is very pleased with the results of last nights shows. Enigma, due to a tabulation error with the guard caption, has a decent size lead going into tonight despite a poor run on the visual side. Menagerie place 3rd and is only .145 down to St. Pete Sound despite finishing dead last in percussion.

Edited by bssop97

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were the Lamplighters, how would you feel?

All were excited that this first year D2 was all set to perform in the D2/3 Finals. Again, due to a tabulating error, the got bumped out.

Man, I'm seriously having flashbacks now from when I marched juniors in '81 when my corps got bumped out because of the "1/2 of the All-Girl corps must perform in A Class finals" rule. <_<

Dont worry Steve, I had to do it with my Cincinnati Glory... we came in 4th, and I thought it was top 6 of each division.... oh well... :rock:

If you were the Lamplighters, how would you feel?

All were excited that this first year D2 was all set to perform in the D2/3 Finals.  Again, due to a tabulating error, the got bumped out.

Man, I'm seriously having flashbacks now from when I marched juniors in '81 when my corps got bumped out because of the "1/2 of the All-Girl corps must perform in A Class finals" rule.  <_<

Well the kids are taking it pretty well. A few of the older members who marched with the Skylarks were taking it hard. At least they will enough going into Boston for the next two days. They will catch head down to the downtown. A few want to catch a BSox game (to bad Detroit isn't the visiting team). Then tomorrow more of the same.

They aren't worried about thier "big brother" corps not making it to quarters. They ALL want to be there to cheer them one. A few are even dressing up like Mr. Incredible (from what I've been told).

There is a new saying at practices today, "Three at Finals". If Enigma can hold their lead, Menagerie can polish up the drumline a few and tighten the drill and make the less then .15 jump over St. Pete, we could have 3 corps playing on finals night. Oh, and Mystré had to make finals too.

The mood over at the Enigma site is very laid back, almost too laid back. The corps had a good block this morning and is now chunking the show in big blocks to help with ensemble.

Menagerie is currently in sectionals and the drumline has been doing a #### block all day trying to clean up the mess that they are playing. Brass line is absolutly on fire, and I will go as far to say, they might be better then the Mystré line is currently.

nm

Edited by Galen

St. Pete Sound had a solid visual block this morning ending with a full-corps visual run-through. The members are on a lunch break and visiting with parents before the afternoon rehearsal, which will end with a "fans' only" run-through, a tradition we started earlier in the season in which the staff leaves the field entirely just before the final run through. The members get to enjoy the run-through entirely for themselves and put on a show just for the stands, free of the spectre of criticism.

Our main focus this afternoon will be to get our steel drums back in balance with the rest of the pit ensemble. We had them retuned a few days ago, which means that they will project much better. We've had to pull their dynamics back a bit as a result, because they stuck out a bit too much in last night's performance.

Our color guard had a very satisfactory performance last night, and so far the weather has been cooperating today. The winds have been very sparse, which has made for a relatively easy day of equipment work. Meanwhile, our hornline was a bit tense last night, so our goal is just to get them to relax and not be afraid to go for it during the performance. Our scores were considerably lower than our competitors, but there's nothing that can be done about that except to set better goals for next season.

See you at Finals B)

Are we going to do a live Div 2/3 Finals retreat?

We haven't done it in the past....

I think we'll just post the scores this evening..

And for those directors who take 1st, 2nd and 3rd, you'll need to PM or email me your home address. We can't send the prizes if we don't have that info.