Madison 06

Well, after checking out the Madison 06 site on Dci.org it looks like Div II and III is not being royaly screwed next year!

Prelims, Finals and Grand Finals all taking place at Camp Randall!!!! How sweet is that!

Prelims on Tuesday

Finals on Friday morning

Grand Finals on Saturday afternoon

Sweet!

Madison 06

Camp Randall

Madison Overture Center

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO MADTOWN!

I haven't been to a finals since 1996 and am so looking forward to this one!

I am already planning my vacation time around this! B)

I have no problem paying to see Div II/III. It sounds like just because you have a Div. I ticket it should be your backstage pass for everything.

What is that saying to the Div. II/III corps? "You know Reginald, maybe we should check out the commoners down there in those little Division II and III corps. We will grace them with our presence because we have Div. I tickets, because if you're not with the Div. I corps, well then, you're nothing. BUT! I repeat, but, if only we can get in for free."

Give me a break!

Grow a backbone. Pony up some ching and go support the smaller corps, because believe it or not, they work just as hard as the Div. I's do!

Maybe its time DCI made a "All Access" ticket package so you can go to all events and get a "discount" with the pass kinda like a disney all park pass rather than just paying for epcot and not being able to go to disneyworld....

Why SHOULDN'T you pay like every one else ??

What makes those holding Div. 1 tickets so special ???  :beer:

Why is this being seen as a problem? I think its a great thing if they let a Div I Finals ticket cover the Div II/III events as well. More people will opt to go and the fan base for the Div II/III ranks will grow as well, IMO. I know funds are tight for Div II/III corps, so maybe they should get a cut of the sales. I know funds are tight for fans, and many may not be able to pay for more tickets other than the Div I Finals ticket....which aren't cheap! (but very worth every cent B) )

I don't see it as Div II/III shows aren't worth paying for, but that Div II/III shows are part of the whole DCI experience, including Div I championships.

And it may also bring more money into the host city....people may come early to see the Div II/III shows and spend more money in the city. Another way DCI can sell it to cities around the country!

Why SHOULDN'T you pay like every one else ??

What makes those holding Div. 1 tickets so special ???  :rock:

The whole point is to do something that will put more than a 1000 people in the stands. I have no problem paying for the show. However, it is quite obvious that the other 25,000 people who attend championship week do. Whatever is needed to get more people in the stands should be done. If that means make the show free, make it free. 5000 people might buy a lot of t-shirts from the corps.

OK, your idea has some merit! However, the ticket prices that DCI charges are just too high for some people for Div. 1 tickets!!!

Why not make it a page deal for the whole week, say $ 175.00/seat!!!

The better the package deal the more people they'll get out to BOTH!!!! b**bs