Phantom Regiment - 92.275

Some "gasps" in OKC, but not too many - clapping when it was fixed. There was a TON of pre-show applause and cheers - not so much during the peformance. As for the show itself -- brass and percussion were PHENOMENAL!

(Flame suit zipped, goggles attached, extinguisher  primed ^0^ )

They play wonderfully, but I still think they're slightly overscored. Drill, though well executed, doesn't have the challege of the corps around them. I kept waiting for the PR-trademark-"WOW" moment - didn't see it. Musical book is a sheer joy to listen to.

(FIRE WHEN READY  :ph34r: )

Totally disagree with you. I didn't see anything -other than speed- that leads me to believe that Cadets or Cavaliers have more demand than Regiment (again, other than in speed for the sake of speed). You were waiting for a PR trademark moment, and so was I....unfortunately, the camera work kept focusing on individual guard folk when PR was having those moments (such as the Icebergs).

I am plainy aware that I could be affected by bias, but I just don't see a HUGE demand gap between the top 3 corps except in terms of speed. And unless you want Regiment to march Gershwin at double speed just for the sake of demand, I am happy with what I got visually from them.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Dublin, the crowd gasped. Then started cheering that the Blue Devils were in 3rd. Then when they re-announced Phantom's score, everyone sighed.

Maybe in your group. That wasn't the case troughout the theater. Some who gasped, including me and a few near me, did so because of the apparent gap (a gap gasp :) ) between Phantom and BD. And when it was corrected there was a sigh of relief for some, as in, "Oh, well, now that's mor like it!"

Loud boos in Columbia MD too---then cheers when it was corrected.  And this from a crowd that was decidedly pro-Cadets.

I was in Columbia also. Besides a big Cadet following there were a lot of Crossmen fans.

But yes there was a lot of booing with the wrong PR score, me being one of the loudest (I even wore my new PR shirt). And againg one of the most enthusiastic when the correct score was announced.

Was it me or did Rondo sound straight up confused when Phantom's score came on the screen? Even HE didn't know what to think!

Wait, you could hear what they were saying over the booing? :P

Lots of booing in Lincolnshire (Chicago), IL as well. I was like "they are 6th!?!?" but massive clapping when the right score was posted.

Same in Williamsville NY Phantom got the loudest cheers.... and when score announced the loudest boos... by the way...

I was not at quarterfinals live but watched it in the theatre in Williamsville NY. (from Toronto myself)...

Nothing more annoying than being FORCED to watch closeup after closeup of soloists like the "girl" in Madison,.. the guy in "phantom", the four freaks in Cadets show,, (like watchin Bishop Kearny's WGI show - Sybil), or the incessant tika takas.. or the drum lines doing their solos while fabulous drill is going on behind and when there's a WHOLE BLOODY corp of 134 or so other members on the field worth watching more.

Will DCI ever learn to just keep the freakin camera at mid-range to GE box level, and put the soloists in a corner on the bottom of the screen...

Nothing more annoying than camera people who don't know drum corps....

Does ANYONE else feel this way??????

What "NEW" drum corps fan did you see at the theatres last night?? That kinda thing in theatres is for like hardcore or seasoned enthusiats...

WHEN WILL DCI EVER LEARN..................

I kept waiting for the PR-trademark-"WOW" moment - didn't see it. Musical book is a sheer joy to listen to.

(FIRE WHEN READY  :worthy: )

And can you tell me the "WOW" moments in Cadets and Cavies? (waiting, waiting, waiting) "WOW" moments, though great, have largely gone by the way side in favor of gimmicks, amplification (which I guess is a gimmick) and artsy.

Considering that the Regiment has historically been the most maligned corps in DCI, it should come as no surprise to anyone that if they're going to botch a score, it would be the Regiment's.

Rocketman - Flame on

ampssuck

Yeah I would assume so, you must be having a hard time with that, huh?

They might be in the top 3 this year if only BD's guard could miss their tosses and the hornline could be out of step and phasing.

I've been out of the game a lot longer than you, twinkle toes.

And I don't even know how to address what you wrote above, because it makes no sense. Then again, I don't expect much from you from what I have already read.

Sheer idiocy.