Gillette Stadium

hey be glad you have choices...the place that wants to run DCA next year had hot dogs as their only food choice a few weeks ago. given that option, i'll take $10 happy meals

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for the dup posting, dcp hiccupped

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

I couldn't bring myself to pay $25 a night for parking, so I parked at the "End Zone" and walked down. $5 a night. No problems, other than a bit of a walk. I spent the $40 I saved on a rain stick and a t-shirt. :)

The people I encountered at Gillette were relatively friendly. Seats were comfortable. Food was on the expensive side, but it's a stadium...it's my own fault for not eating beforehand.

Can't say the same about the Outlaw BBQ. Nothing constructive to say there, so I'll just forego comment. :sshh:

My biggest complaint was that #### elevator bell.  I was in Sec. 308, and at least once a minute that thing would ring loudly for at least 10 seconds, and it you could hear it clearly over every corps.  If any of you were within earshot, I think you'll agree with me.  Not exactly what I was expecting with a $70-$80 ticket.

WHAT THE **LL Was up with that anyways?? That was a JOKE and could have been very easily avoided and shouldv'e been nipped in the bud as soon as it started from someone in higher Authority approaching Stadium management about that one. UGHH...That just plain outright SUCKED, so distracting and at times kinda ruined moments of Corps shows for the Audience.

how about how the age-outs weren't allowed to set foot on the field, or leave anything on it during the ceremony? a few did anyway - myself included - but seriously. it was kind of a let-down that we didn't get to do what those before us have done. people were standing guard and eyeballing us to make SURE no one set foot on a field, and if you moved onto the field, you got herded rudely. i realize they were just trying to comply with stadium policy, but seriously. no need to be a ##### about it. if we tried to leave anything out there, one of those people swooped over and threw it in a trash bag.

Overall, I agree the venue was very nice. I echo these opportunities for improvement:

1) Do something about that elevator bell! It was very annoying and distracted from the show. (I was in section 312.)

2) Open up more exits after the show. Thousands of people were funneled through a small opening behind the end zone in order to exit the stadium.

3) Proof read the electronic signage. Did anyone notice the electronic banner that read 'Drum Core International World Championships'?

I have to agree that this was not one of my favorite venues for finals. Seems as if the stadium was not designed for large crowds which does not make sense. Also, why did we have to pay $25.00 for parking? I drove past the stadium Wednesday night to check it out and parking for the soccer game was only $15.00! It was also pretty stupid that they turned the lights off in the parking lot on finals night before the finale was even over. Not sure if they ended up turning them back on or not as I was long gone by then.

i personally thought that Gillette Stadium was horrible. parking was rediculous. very unorganized. letting people walk in and out during performances. insane food prices. security smoking on the job. personally i thought Mile High was waaay better, and i hear Madison is dope so i can't wait for next year!

Awesome! So hoooooooooot though.