Grand Champions!

I am quite proud of the Gold Medal I earned at Finals last week.

I can firmly say that we had the best show of anyone that night (including those presented at Grand Finals)

If the DVDs were to be from Finals night, everyone could understand where I'm coming from.

If they're from Grand Finals day, *see above*

It was great to throw down the most amazing show of my life and win a gold medal for it.

Our show was the hardest, hands down.

Hardest book, hardest work, hardest drll.

The crowd knew this.

The judges didn't want to admit it.

But hey, Phantom '89 much?

I could take the risk of saying what I really feel and get banned from DCP, but it's not worth it.

I think I need to send you a personal message.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is the best way to say it. If your corps personel was telling you that you are the world champs then maybe that needs to be corrected too.

Thursday, was the divisional, Saturday was the World Grand Finals.

It's the Division 2/3 board that voted for this format.

Thank goodness the Raiders won both days or all holyhell would be breaking loose!!!

Sorry thanks for the edit.....

This is all just a big huge mess

Edited by ECJ_Tuba

I think that is the best way to say it. If your corps personel was telling you that you are the world champs then maybe that needs to be corrected too.

Thursday, was the divisional, Saturday was the World Grand Finals.

It's the Division 2/3 board that voted for this format.

Thank goodness the Raiders won both days or all holyhell would be breaking loose!!!

Wow, point taken. Just imagine if the group from Taiwan won a night and Raiders won the other! :blink:

ECJTuba: I think somf's comment was directed to members of the Spartans, not of ECJ.

sobe: your comments were highly incosiderate, but hey, I don't need to say that, I think everyone else already had.

As a Spartan, I don't really post here, but I feel the need to. I'm proud of the Gold medal we earned on Thursday night...it was certainly the most amazing performance I've ever had. As far as Saturday's performance, I congratulate ECJ on their win. They had the better performance that day, and were deserving of the win and their resulting title.

It was certainly an exciting season that ended with too much confusion thanks to a screwy format. No matter what opinion anyone has regarding shows, repertoire, difficulty, etc. the truth is that ECJ edged us out on that particular day. Nice job, guys. You earned it.

Exactly what is your justifiction for anything you just said?  How would you know how any of the other corps performed especially since you didn't see any of them.  Do you really have that high of an opinion of yourself that you don't even have to see your competetors perform to know how you match up against them?  Sorry I've been responding in all questions but I can't believe you think you can make classless comments like that with justification whatsoever. It's time to come off your high horse and find some respect and appreciation for your competetors, the judging commuity and everyone else you think you know more than.  I respect your organization and always thought everyone involved conducted themselves with the highest level of professionalism until right now.

When you ask random people at the shows who had the best show, hardest show, and most impressive show...

That is the response I got.

I've seen your show btw, thx.

Called recordings.

I just can't wait to see the DVDs, maybe I'll understand the spread over a show in the Music captions.

Don't even get into classless.

When we got the Gold, our staff walked out with big smiles and congratulated us.

Grand Finals night, our staff didn't run onto the field screaming like Seniors leaving High School.

Sorry

Who the #### are you to be calling their staff that? I can garauntee you that their staff has forgotten more about drum corps than you will ever know.

I am a fan of the Spartans, and everyone I've met from them have been class acts, but it's a shame that someone as classless as you is associated with their corps.

When you ask random people at the shows who had the best show, hardest show, and most impressive show...

That is the response I got.

I've seen your show btw, thx.

Called recordings.

I just can't wait to see the DVDs, maybe I'll understand the spread over a show in the Music captions.

Don't even get into classless.

When we got the Gold, our staff walked out with big smiles and congratulated us.

Grand Finals night, our staff didn't run onto the field screaming like Seniors leaving High School.

Sorry

Does anyone elts notice how OldGuard and Sobe's resposes look the same.....HMMMMMM CLUE SHERLOCK

Edited by ECJ_Tuba

First and last warning: cut this crap out or this thread will be closed.

I don't doubt for one second that members of your staff might have been excited if they had completed a sweep of us (because technically you won on tuesday as well) and could have voiced that excitement "like Seniors leaving High School."

One of our caption heads has been involved with this activity for longer than most of us on this board have been alive, and this is the first time in almost 20 years he won drums, and ever won a national title with his corps. There is no need for anybody in either corps to apologize for his vocal (and well deserved) excitement, just as there is no need for anyone to frown or degrade us/him/the corps for that.

Through my four years in ECJ I have always had a bond with many members of the Spartans, from school or other activities, and every year we come home and congradulate each other, because for the past two seasons we were the best at what we did, not many groups can isolate themselves from the competition as we do, and we are lucky enough to see each other at every "home opener" and "world series" there has been (since I've been here). It is upsetting to then look on various message boards and see people claiming their superiority (on both sides) and starting arguments. The fact that both drumlines looked past years of feirce competition, regrowth, intenisty, and everything in between and make that giant arc at the last retreat of the year (call it supernova finals if you want to) speaks louder than anything any of us can say here.

I guess the last thing that I have to say is that now hanging in my room I have two silver medals. One signifies the best show I've every performed with the most amazing excitement and intenisty, while still coming up just .025 short. The other signifies the most intense rehersal day I've ever endured... not ### kickings by the staff, but by ourselves because we knew we were that close, and we had a chance. Pinned on that medal is my reward for those 12 hours, and for 3 full seasons of work. A pin that says "World Champions". Yeah, it would be great to have a gold medal too, but I think silver matches our uniforms just a bit better :)

It doesn't really matter who gets the rings (although that's a nice bonus), because on every website that my students, family and friends look up, it will have my corps' name next to the words "World Champion", and if you agree or not that's how it is going to be.

Congratulations to the Spartans, Blue Stars, Fever, Jersey Surf, Impulse, Teal Sound, Memphis Sound, and everybody else that competed this year in both Division 2 and 3. (If I forgot your corps name, don't get upset, it was simple human error and I apoligize in advance... and I know I left out D3)

Thank you to everyone that made my four seasons amazing.

Congrats dude. Congrats to ECJ and the Spartans...

Spartans, I saw your show on tuesday. How clean your marching and your sounds were impressed me. You truely did a great job. I don't know any of you personally, but you all seem like very nice people, and are great musicians.

ECJ, Brown I love you!! ^_^ Congrats hun, thats the one thing i forgot to yell to you Satuday night when i saw you/yelled things in your general direction when i saw ECJ marching by. Congrats to the rest of ECJ as well, you guys truly worked hard, and showed that if you lay it down, and give it your best, and practice hard... you will achieve what you want.

I can't wait to compete against you guys again next season.