6 Impulse 90.900

7 Jersey Surf 89.750

9 Oregon Crusaders 88.600

12 Memphis Sound 85.350

DIVISION III

8 Raiders 88.800

10 Taipei Yuehfu 88.525

11 Yamato 85.500

First, if there any nonsense about the Raiders not being able to win outright in D3 because of the Penalty on Thursday Night, Today's scores should put a stop to all of that. Not only do the beat TP, but the beat Memphis, OREGON CRUSADERS and Yamato. They Beat 2, D2 corps with the OC being a huge surprise.

Next, so who is the D2 Champ. ECJ or Spartans, who came up with this idea? Spartans are wearing the Gold, But ECJ has the flag and Trophy|...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next, so who is the D2 Champ. ECJ or Spartans, who came up with this idea? Spartans are wearing the Gold, But ECJ has the flag and Trophy|...

What he said.

*BURP*

Edited by Mordomer

Congratulations to all for the 2005 Season! You entertained us, You made us proud.

All Drums Corps no matter what the scoring should be praised. Thank you Members of each and every Corps, Thank You Staff of each of these Corps, you made each and every member grow in life! What a wonderful experience Drum Corps is!!

Denisep

Blue Star Alumnus

Director Blue Star Cadets

DIVISION II

1 East Coast Jazz  97.475

2 Spartans  97.150

3 Blue Stars  93.925

4 Teal Sound  93.125

5 Fever  92.425

6 Impulse  90.900

7 Jersey Surf  89.750

9 Oregon Crusaders  88.600

12 Memphis Sound  85.350

DIVISION III

8 Raiders  88.800

10 Taipei Yuehfu  88.525

11 Yamato  85.500

First, if there any nonsense about the Raiders not being able to win outright in D3 because of the Penalty on Thursday Night, Today's scores should put a stop to all of that. Not only do the beat TP, but the beat Memphis, OREGON CRUSADERS and Yamato. They Beat 2, D2 corps with the OC being a huge surprise.

In this messed up system that we now have, I believe that the Spartans are the Division II Divisional Finals Gold Medalists, and ECJ is the Division II World Champions.

I didn't say it makes any sense whatsoever... I think that the last show is the last show, and for the competitive aspects of Corps, thats where it all comes down to. In my eyes, its ECJ who was on top today. However, I will note that the Spartans and all the other corps had excellent shows and it was thrilling to see this level of excellence across the board in div 2/3 :)

I noticed that in the subject heading for this thread is says Raiders, ECJ Grand Champions. However, it is my understanding that the whole purpose of the "grand finals" is to have 1 Top 12 show for Division II and III combined. So therefore only ECJ could be the "GRAND" champion.

Please correct me if I'm understanding this wrong.

I noticed that in the subject heading for this thread is says Raiders, ECJ Grand Champions.  However, it is my understanding that the whole purpose of the "grand finals" is to have 1 Top 12 show for Division II and III combined. So therefore only ECJ could be the "GRAND" champion. 

Please correct me if I'm understanding this wrong.

You are right in assuming this as it makes the most sense and the ONLY arguable reason for such an "interesting" format, but alas.. DCI has done it again..

both divisions had GRAND champions crowned... how that makes them different from champions (or the champions less champion-like) if 2 corps get the honors, i dont know..

i just know it was VERY odd to see ECJ representing Div 2 at Gillette tonight with silver around their necks. People around me were very confused .. "Why not gold"... "didnt spartans win finals?"...

i see this topic getting a lot of attention..

but if grand finals reserves the right for 1 champion in div II and III......i dont understand the need for a combined night

so if i am right, it boils down to.....

you have a div II champion on sat

you have a div II champion on sat

you have 1 big div II/III champion on sunday?

has there ever been an instance when the div III champions came anywhere close to being crowned grand champion?????

it seems illogical, if dci feels the nedd to seperate them due to size to create a more level playing field for the corps to compete in, why throw out these rules for a contest that sets them up against what dci tried to prevent?

Why not throw everyone into quarterfinals and call it the same thing?

i have an inkling that say Raiders came and shook things up, coming in top 3 for grand finals, that would be the end of that (a la Magic coming in 12 in 02 from div II)

has there ever been an instance when the div III champions came anywhere close to being crowned grand champion?????

Check out 1997 II/III Finals scores. Maybe they should go back to this system....

DIVISION III -

94.8 - Mandarins (1)

94.4 - East Coast Jazz (2)

93.8 - Patriots (4)

87.1 - 3rd Regiment

82.4 - Phantom Regiment Cadets

82.1 - St. Johns

81.1 - Les Senateurs

DIVISION II -

94.2 - Spartans (3)

93.4 - Blue Stars (5)

91.9 - Tarheel Sun