Grand Champions!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is how it is...at least from what i heard from my couin who marches...

Thursday was Divisional Finals...

Spartans and Raiders are the div II and Div III champions... They get the medal and the ring from DCI

Saturday Was the World Grand FInals...

which was the competition to get the revolving trophy and the flag and go to retreat and braggin rights as world champions... Raiders and ECJ...

but spartans have braggin rights as Div II Champions...

Its messed up...and i totally dont like what it is...

contrats to ECJ Spartans and Raiders you guys were amazing this year!!!

Somehow i dont think that is the case....

Edited by ECJ_Tuba

in the end shouldn't it come down to who has the highest score at the last competition. isn't that how any championship series works? in the last match up of the dci div II/III season ECJ had the highest score and therefore is the victor. tell me if that that is illogical.

Edited by ictrumpet

Spartans and Raiders are the div II and Div III champions... They get the medal and the ring from DCI

which was the competition to get the revolving trophy and the flag and go to retreat and braggin rights as world champions... Raiders and ECJ...

Being a rookout at ECJ I didnt know too much about the rivalry between the 2 corps.

The Rumors are rediculous. Yes there is a friendly rivaly between the 2 corps...but thats mostly because a lot of the kids know each other. After we won, a spartans person who i don't know just came up and congradulated me, that's not bitter rivalry, that's good sportsmanship, which I think the both groups had

Also ...ECJ gets the ring as world champ, Spartans get the medal as divisional champ...kind of a big slap in the face to dci that the way their system works, doesnt work at all.

Before i start, this is not meant to come off ofensive or mean spirited at all.

You are correct in saying that the format was a little screwy on DCI's part. As for the rights to the ring it goes to ECJ. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying and is probably from the Spartans organization or a parent of friend who has talked to someone in the Spartans oganization.

Spartans gets the gold medal for thursday night which for the past 30 years has meant nothing except saying that you won the show before finals. However East Coast won the World championship (the last show of the season) at Grand Finals and get the ring, banner, and the revolving trophie.... Oh and the oppertunity to participate in Div one retreat.

So now that this situation is all cleared up thank you all for a great season ESPECIALLY Spartans! It was one heck of a sprint to the finish.

This is silly. No one GETS a ring. Corps need to buy them and anyone can. The Blue Saints can buy rings for their members that say 20th place DCI Div III 2005 if they so choose.

DCI does not provide rings to anyone. If the Spartans want to order rings for their members that say Divisional Champions they can. If ECJ wants to order rings that say Div 2 World Champions they can also. I do think it would be somehwat silly for the Spartans to do so, but it is their right.

Yes this is worse than the BCS. Hopefully this format gets dropped pronto.

well thats funny... cuz the staff at spartans told my cousin that they get the ring and that order form will be at the banquet... wow... i dont think he will be happy to hear this :worthy: