Thank you SCV

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you SCV for giving us so many wonderful music and visual moments this year. We will relive these for years to come with the APD, DVD's and CD's. People will be talking about this show for years.

Thank you to the members, staff and countless volunteers who helped put this show together and on the field!!!!

SCV-truly a class act!!!

Here's a link to a slideshow of some pics I took of the 05 Vanguard in San Antonio and Garland, TX.

I think these pics are particularly poignant when you consider how hard they were working at the time, and how amazing people are saying SCV was on finals night. It's all the hardwork that was going on all season that enabled them to really pull out the stops when they hit the stadium for finals.

Enjoy!

Click here for Bradrick's Santa Clara Vanguard 2005 Slideshow

Isn't it cool that threads like this get started when a corps gets 8th place?

Says a lot, I think, about the integrity of the organization - the Santa Clara Vanguard

Thanks guys

Here's a link to a slideshow of some pics I took of the 05 Vanguard in San Antonio and Garland, TX.

I think these pics are particularly poignant when you consider how hard they were working at the time, and how amazing people are saying SCV was on finals night. It's all the hardwork that was going on all season that enabled them to really pull out the stops when they hit the stadium for finals.

Enjoy!

Click here for Bradrick's Santa Clara Vanguard 2005 Slideshow

awesome pics, thanks for sharing them :)

(re:pics) ...that tattoo?...wow :worthy:... Some really DO have SCV "under" their skin.

And congratulations you guys. Ya done good "despite"...Ya made this ol' Alumni proud. :worthy: Way to go COLOR GUARD! b**bs

I wanna give a shout out to the SCV colorguard!

The buzz is that they had a phenomenal finals show.

When you see the opening saber toss on the DVD, play it in slow-mo. I'm guessing that no matter how slow you play it, those dang things will be in perfect synchrony.

I was watching the rifles (the male guard members) rehearse next to the stadium before they went on, and I told my friend "God, I don't know who that is, but whoever it is they are TIGHT. Who is that? There's Blue Knights over there, there's Boston over there... WAIT A MINUTE! That's my SCV! Jeez oh Peet, I don't think I've ever witnessed a rifle warmup that tight." OK, then I started to get teary-eyed, but ignore that.

And lo and behold, oilla, they had the most spectacular show of their season, and BY FAR. I saw Rick V afterwards and he looked at me and said "Did you see that opening saber toss? I knew it was going to be a good night when I saw that."

And indeed it was. I sobbed with how GREAT that finals performance was. Just sobbed.

I don't know how it is, SCV, that you do that to me year after year.

Thank you , and with love.

PhilSCV

Long after I've forgotten about doors and schoolgirls, dancing firemen, giant postcards, drumspeak and much of the rest of 2005, I will remember SCV, particularly their finals performance. Though I first saw the show back in July and loved it from the start, the performance on Saturday night in Foxboro was truly special.

(re:pics) ...that tattoo?...wow :rolleyes:... Some really DO have SCV "under" their skin.

Yeah. I thought it was pretty cool! That actually may be the coolest tattoo I've ever seen. :rolleyes: He's a contra (ok. they call em tubas now... eck) player.

(FYI, he's the middle guy in this photo.. )

I concur. Avoid math. Enjoy SCV.

play for the crowd. they are the ones that make it exciting!!

stomp a judge! lol

(re:pics) ...that tattoo?...wow :rolleyes:... Some really DO have SCV "under" their skin.

And congratulations you guys.  Ya done good "despite"...Ya made this ol' Alumni proud.  :rolleyes:  Way to go COLOR GUARD! b**bs

MAGGIE!!!! MY bus driver!!!! SCV3 b**bs