Thank you SCV

I just can't let the day end without adding Rick Valenzuela to the thank you list.

During my rookie year in SCV, Rick marched his age-out year (the only member to have marched since 1983 that year). He was THE guy you kept your eye on to set the example for how to be.

Rick,

Thank you for giving your time and your love to SCV and DCI for over 20 years .

Here's to ya sir!

:master:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAGGIE!!!!        MY bus driver!!!!  SCV3  b**bs

Iceman!!! b**bs See ya in '07, Right? And YOU TOO Brad! :rolleyes: ^_^

My Heartfelt thanks to Rick Valenzuela for being a great guy, totally approachable and my Director for the Tournament of Roses Parade.

I'll never forget, as a 48 year "old", him yelling as he flicked on the lights in the Gym..."GOOD MORNING SANTA CLARA!, taking me back to the past for just a few days. I'll never forget his speeches that reached across 3 "generations", Alumni Corps, A Corps and Cadet Corps bringing us together as "one"... as Vanguard...

Good luck with what ever may come your way Rick, you deserve it.

"All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time....."

(Thanks Trish)

Iceman!!!  b**bs  See ya in '07, Right?  And YOU TOO Brad! :whistle:  ^_^

Sung to the tune of "Somewhere" from West Side Story:

"There's a place for us... and it's on Maggie's bus..."

:P

As of now, there are over 30 members of the newly formed "2005 Santa Clara Vanguard Appreciation Society". Feel free to join us! The more the merrier!

B)

Click here for details: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...showtopic=69478

• 1 year later...
DITTO! BIG TIME!

For me, it didn't take much exposure to the 2005 Santa Clara Vanguard to know that the class and character that people have come to know and expect from these amazing young men and women was shining through, as strong as ever.

I'm sure people will be debating scores and placement ad naseum. I didn't attend finals. But I only need to know how the SCV pit was entertaining the crowd after the lightning delay, how the crowd was chanting "SCV" as the mighty Vanguard was marching onto the field... And that the crowd was "crazy loud after the show". (From BD's finals blog http://www.bluedevils.org/programs/a/2005/...p?event=finals)

Being a member of a group with a well earned reputation like SCV comes with it alot of expectations. Among them is an expectation that the members will hold their chests out and horns up and keep on pushing... no matter what happens. I think this year, the new Vanguard uniforms were probably busting at the seams to contain the enormous hearts of you, the members. I hope you all know what an inspiration you have been this season.

Thank you for being part of the 2005 Santa Clara Vanguard. You should all be very proud.

I thought this magical presence was better exemplified in '05 than ever. You guys threw done like never before, and just because you got 8th, doesnt mean that it wasnt Vanguard. In fact, I thought it was more "Vanguard" than 2006, despite the placement. I saw this show and at that moment, I decided that one day I wanted to be one of the few to earn the privilege of marching with the Santa Clara Vanguard.

You changed my life. Thank you.