Drum Bands International

So The Cadets band beat the Cavaliers band. I was on the edge of my seat. There's nothing like a summer night of Bb instrumented bands playing and marching at an extreme level of control. How very exciting. <wink>

Oh the days when whole crowds would... :rock:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So The Cadets band beat the Cavaliers band.  I was on the edge of my seat. There's nothing like a summer night of Bb instrumented bands playing and marching at an extreme level of control. How very exciting. <wink>

Oh the days when whole crowds would...  :rock:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...... The season is over, and it was ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING in a very long time!!!! Bb or G.....who cares at this point....what's done is done from a rule change standpoint (what....6 years ago??).

Heck, my time in the activity dates back to the late 70's... Do I totally 100% agree with the change to Bb?? Nope, but I'll tell you this..... If you would have told me we would be seeing the athletic type of drills we're seeing today twenty five years ago, I would have asked you what you're smokin!!!

Anyway..... NICE JOB all corps!!! Thanks for one of the most EXCITING competitive seasons in a long while!!

Okay Chicken-Little, you can come down off your soapbox now. Some food for thought.

The constant of music is time.

The constant of time is change.

Therefore: The constant of music is change.

Take this as a statement reinforcing the notion that all music is either leading us somewhere or coming away from somewhere, or apply it on the broader scope of change within our niche activity. It's not going to stay the same, it's going to evolve. And that is good.

Neb B)

woah, are you just askin to be banned?

seriously. this thread was JUST closed.

~>conner

So The Cadets band beat the Cavaliers band.  I was on the edge of my seat. There's nothing like a summer night of Bb instrumented bands playing and marching at an extreme level of control. How very exciting. <wink>

Get over it. I have.........Now narration is a different story, but i'm not going to post stupid trollish messages about it.

probably the most exciting and successful season in forever was just completed. have you realized what all took place this year?!! the coverage the activity got?!!! we had more newspapers covering events than ever before. we had cbs news do a story that was watched by millions!! and we've got the finals on in primetime on a hot network!! i for one am sad to see this season come to an end because of all the excitement it provided. there was never a dull night, the kids never failed to amaze us, and nothing was decided midseason. but in a way it's fun to look forward as well. waiting for sept. 6th, waiting for the dvds and cds, the activity has reached a new level and touched more than ever before and it's only the beginning. if all you can look at is the negative things you perceive to be going on in dci then i truly feel sorry for you.

This trash wasn't funny yesterday... nor did it express any other point than you are a fool.

Truer words were never spoken! Thanks for expressing my exact thoughts in much nicer terms than I was tempted to post!