Returning Div III corps for '06

There is so many Div 2 and 3 corps I miss.. the competition would be insane.. if some corps were able to come back.. I marched div 3 in the 90's and I loved it.. it would be so nice to see some of the corps come back.. I think a lot of the times.. 2 and 3 corps.. put so much into their shows.. and work so hard.. I wish they got more recognition. I REALLY wish the corps were able to get more funding and sponsorship.. I just think if some corps if not almost all of them were back, the 2/3 comptition would be much bigger.. but its wishful thinking I guess.. I could wirte a list of the corps Id like to see back.. but it would take forever cause their are so many.. that I miss seing on the field.

Glad to hear that Americanoes, Bandettes, and MGC are re-entering the field.. sad to hear that Court of Honor is not. :( I hope Strutters and LVk make their way back.. it would be awesome. I was glad to see Revolution back on the field this year. and Lake Erie Reg.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope

LER never left the field just didn't do to final in 2003 and 2004. Well they did one of 2 focus shows teh week before finals in 04, not sure why they didn't just go out to Denver. But I'm sure they had a reason.

Ok I dont remember them seeing scores for them in 04 so I appologize.. I think I was hoping to see them at DCI's in denver and they wernt their.. thats maybe why I thought they didnt compete.. my bad.. sorry

Nope

LER never left the field just didn't do to final in 2003 and 2004. Well they did one of 2 focus shows teh week before finals in 04, not sure why they didn't just go out to Denver. But I'm sure they had a reason.

I wondered that too. They came all the way out to Oklahoma.

We need some corps from upstate NY, we used to have so many, I can't believe that with all the people there they can't put togather a good jr corps. Sr. Corps are doing fine, I guess that is directly related to the jr corps that were once in the area?

Why? What was the reasoning behind them leaving the competition field? Membership numbers? finances?

Note: The following is not an official response of the Lehigh Valley Knights Drum and Bugle Corps, but rather the personal opinion of an LVK-insider.

I think it's been alluded multiple times on these boards that neither membership numbers nor finances were the reasons for LVK folding. Chalk it up to administrative neglect or burnout if you'd like; but simply put, LVK's administration was a very small group of really dedicated individuals that at somepoint lost the determination and drive to put in the exorbitant amount of time and effort to field a highly competitive DCI junior corps. During the corps' tenure, it was very well-run having both a fairly consistent membership-base and a careful attention to funding. I doubt the members could've asked for a much better experience, nor could the administration have done a much better job to provide it. There is little need for a cloak-and-dagger response to this specific case. While any corps' folding is tragic, this was simply a corps that ran its course. I'd love to see LVK return, but I doubt it will come back in any competitive semblance of what it once was.

P.S. As one of the webmasters (long story), I would like to take down the notice that LVK will be back in 2006, but haven't received any official word to do so.

that sucks big time.

~>conner