East Coast Jazz going to D1?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECJ is more then ready to handle what is going to be asked of them to be a competitive unit in DI. Sure if we do move up, things will go good, or ok witch is ok for a first year corps making this big step, witch in my opinion is the good one. It will establish a new DI unit in the New England area witch it needs and it will help support and grow more programs in MA and through out New England.

As far as the competitive aspect, the drum corps knew we were not going to go to DI Quarters for 05 so the show was designed that way. With a new division, come new program changes, witch ECJ is more then capable of adapting to. We did what we did for a DII corps because we are and maybe “where” a DII corps. We also did what we did to the division guidelines and a little extra. Giving it a soul, heart and a life of it’s own.

If ECJ does go DI it will not be the same ECJ that is in DII. Things will change to adhere to the DI guidelines, and I’m pretty sure the administration of the drum corps knows this and is ready to make the proper accommodations as they see fit. To yet again bring an entertaining and also competitive program to the field no matter what division they are

ECJ is more then ready to handle what is going to be asked of them to be a competitive unit in DI. Sure if we do move up, things will go good, or ok witch is ok for a first year corps making this big step, witch in my opinion is the good one. It will establish a new DI unit in the New England area witch it needs and it will help support and grow more programs in MA and through out New England.

As far as the competitive aspect, the drum corps knew we were not going to go to DI Quarters for 05 so the show was designed that way. With a new division, come new program changes, witch ECJ is more then capable of adapting to. We did what we did for a DII corps because we are and maybe “where” a DII corps. We also did what we did to the division guidelines and a little extra. Giving it a soul, heart and a life of it’s own.

If ECJ does go DI it will not be the same ECJ that is in DII. Things will change to adhere to the DI guidelines, and I’m pretty sure the administration of the drum corps knows this and is ready to make the proper accommodations as they see fit. To yet again bring an entertaining and also competitive program to the field no matter what division they are

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ well put young man

I agree with your last statement.

but, scores are relative.

a 99 in 02' is different than a 99 in 05'.

whether it be higher or not who knows.

but there are sometimes when size would matter, and making it in to top twelve....none of those corps are even close to 80 some members. It would take a lot for ECJ to make top 12 with their numbers as they are now. I think they could stand another strong showing next year and get their members up to around 120, then try for div 1

Anything I say is not meant to disrespect anyonre or any corps, but I find it odd that the majority of people who defend ECJ, are the members. I saw the show, and it was a very good show, they performed it very well. But, it didn't seem difficult. Of course, I wasn't out there marching the show, but I didn't see much more than an 8 to 5 except for that last big move thing ( which was really cool ). In D1 , it seems like a lot of how the places come out is based on show design and difficulty. ECJ got points for show design, but no points for difficulty in my book. I felt that some of the lower corps in D2 had harder all around shows then some of the top corps in D2. But I'm not a judge so I don't really know how all that crap works. If ECJ's 2005 show was put in D1, I think they would beat a lot of corps, but not make semi's. The lower D1 corps are doing harder stuff, and performing it pretty darn good. But I don't know anything, I'm just putting in my 2 cents. Peace.

Anything I say is not meant to disrespect anyonre or any corps, but I find it odd that the majority of people who defend ECJ, are the members. I saw the show, and it was a very good show, they performed it very well. But, it didn't seem difficult. Of course, I wasn't out there marching the show, but I didn't see much more than an 8 to 5 except for that last big move thing ( which was really cool ). In D1 , it seems like a lot of how the places come out is based on show design and difficulty. ECJ got points for show design, but no points for difficulty in my book. I felt that some of the lower corps in D2 had harder all around shows then some of the top corps in D2. But I'm not a judge so I don't really know how all that crap works. If ECJ's 2005 show was put in D1, I think they would beat a lot of corps, but not make semi's. The lower D1 corps are doing harder stuff, and performing it pretty darn good. But I don't know anything, I'm just putting in my 2 cents. Peace.

Did it occur to you that members of ECJ are defending the difficulty of our show so vehemently because we are the only one’s that truly know how hard our show was? I think the fact that it didn’t look difficult shows we marched it well. We were always told that the judges don’t give you points for making it look hard, you get the points for how well you performed. Our caption heads are all well-respected and extremely talented writers/designers and know what a quality, and challenging show is and that is what they delivered to us for 2005. I totally disagree with you, and the judges did as well. I think we performed a DI quality show or at LEAST the most challenging DII show, but I won’t know until I get the DVD.