Champion + Crowd Favorite

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion.

1999 - SCV won and were the fan favorite

Were you in Madison in 1999??? I was, and SCV was not the favourite...they were 2nd.

2002 Cavies may have been the crowd favorite, but there are still many who find the show boring. 

hands down Cadets was the fav in 2002

Hands down, the Cadets were one of the least favorites of 2002. Many didnt even clap or stand for them. That was they year of the Pledge of allegiance nonsense and their 9/11 schlock ! Highly offensive, not entertaining, and it cost them. No, right smack on the fifty in the fourth to last row was I, and hardly anybody stood up after that show, more like "the nerve" was the attitude........

~G~

90 - Cadets won, and I will be honest and say I didn't think anyone had a really great show that year.

What? Next to 89, best year IMO of course, but most dci fans would agree with me.

Most fans ?? Where are they ? LOL..actually this has been discussed here quite a bit, most that responded found 1990 to be very exciting with six shows capable of beating the other, and they did that season. 1990 was a great year, filled with GE packed shows.

~G~

Hands down, the Cadets were one of the least favorites of 2002. Many didnt even clap or stand for them. That was they year of the Pledge of allegiance nonsense and their 9/11 schlock ! Highly offensive, not entertaining, and it cost them. No, right smack on the fifty in the fourth to last row was I, and hardly anybody stood up after that show, more like "the nerve" was the attitude........

~G~

w/Stp:

I agree. In my area of the crowd that year, 2002 Cadets was one of the least favorites. This was a tired retread (performed quite well by the kids, please understand) of a classic 1995 show, with more cheese add, and an astonishing lack of drill. Music was also nothing special, apart from Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy... And the fire truck stunt. Yuck.

Harvey

I am the one who said I didn't think there were a lot of good shows in 90.

the key here is I said "I" didn't think. I didn't say there weren't any.

As a member of Regiment that year, I though we had half a show at best.

In comparison to 89, 90 was a dud (IMHO)

I am the one who said I didn't think there were a lot of good shows in 90.

the key here is I said "I" didn't think. I didn't say there weren't any.

As a member of Regiment that year, I though we had half a show at best.

In comparison to 89, 90 was a dud (IMHO)

Are you kidding ??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::music::music::music:

1990 was one of the best PR shows ever !!! The OTL alone, updated from 1979..the guard with the suprise flags, the executuion of that drill....the execution was flawless ! There is nothing about this show I didnt love......and did I mention that drill ?? Oh yeah,and that drill !

You marched it ??? Thank you !!

~G~

but in 99 Madison was hands down the crowd favourite with Santa Clara being second.

I don't agree with that at all. Everyone loved Madison for sure, partially because we were in Madison. What home town corps doesn't get a great response? And, they had a great show, and for once the crowd was not booing when they were announced as having jumped the Blue Knights. But, when that tie was announced there was only one person in the vicinity of me that was not chanting "SCV SCV SCV". Before I switched to the legacy dvds, I had the vhs of that year and you can hear Steve speeding up his talking because of how loud the chanting was getting so they could hurry up and end the broadcast. I love Madison's show from that year, and a girl I marched with in Vanguard Cadets that year had a brother in the Scouts aging out, but I think there is no contest as to who was the favorite.