What would you change about Drum Corps?

I agree with... ehh whoever said this already.

Make amps for instrumental (front ensemble) use only. I don't think I've seen, in the 2 years of A&E, an enjoyable use of amplification that involved the human voice. I could have done without the annoying guy from Crown '04, the annoying colors from Boston '04 ("RED!" - no ####!), the "yowza yowzas" of BD '05, and most of all, the Cadets drum speak from '05. ampssuck

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with... ehh whoever said this already.

Make amps for instrumental (front ensemble) use only.  I don't think I've seen, in the 2 years of A&E, an enjoyable use of amplification that involved the human voice.  I could have done without the annoying guy from Crown '04, the annoying colors from Boston '04 ("RED!" - no ####!), the "yowza yowzas" of BD '05, and most of all, the Cadets drum speak from '05.  ampssuck

:huh:

ahhh...out of the mouths of penguins.

~G~

One thing I really miss about the old days. DRUM SOLO'S not these 30 second snippets but real I got to play for 2/3 minutes and really show what we can do drum solo's.

You have 11.5 minutes, Opener 3 minutes, Concert 2 min. Drum solo 5 mins closer 1.5 mins works for me

Edited by Blackstar

DEFINITELY increase in members. I really like the 180 idea, but keep everything the same.

Have you ever marched on the field with 150-200+ people? I have, and it's packed.

I'd like to have no woodwinds, no amplified voice, and to let D2 corps compete in quarterfinals. :)

Edited to add that I'd really like to have an audience voting system at regionals.

Edited by kac

Bring back G Horns

Bring back the tic system

Bring back the Nationals squad

No singing, no talking, :) ing, and no amps

things I would change.

1) No amped Vocals - But keep the amps in the pit (I did see better technique and lower heights this year Jeff)

2) Bring back the orderly playing off and saluting the winners at finals retreat only.

3) change the div II/III finals week schedule to allow corps that declare for Div I the next year to compete in Qtrs and Semis/Finals if they make it.

A couple other things that might be interesting to toy around with.

1) adjust the judging system to reduce the GE caption and give a little more emphasis to music to even it out a little more.

2) maybe change the time lilmits back to 11.5-13 minutes like it used to be instead of 10-11.5 minutes like it is now.

Just some thoughts

things I would change.

1) No amped Vocals - But keep the amps in the pit (I did see better technique and lower heights this year Jeff)

Were you talking to me? (two dollars to Robert Deniro...) I clearly said the only change I would want would be to not allow amped vocals. I have no problem with amped pits.