Winston Salem,,A different look.

for finals? no way, not even close.

I agree..... the Cumberland stadium was great for a regular-season show, but nowhere large enough for Finals.

Now, if we could only get that enthusiastic Cumberland crowd to DCA Finals.... they were great fans!

Fran

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When is your next mud-wrestling tournament?

sorry...got a little excited there...

But now that you mention it... ^0^ Hey! Fundraising Guru! I need to talk to you...

When is your next mud-wrestling tournament?

Darn,I missed that post.

Ill pay good money to see that. :rolleyes:

Here's an idea on how to put some butts in the seats and grow Drum Corps at the same time. Take about 500 tickets in the "cheap" seats and give them to Brass/drum/guard people in local marching bands. GRATIS. Half of them will be auditioning in November. I've always felt that Drum Corps had a level of excitement that Marching bands just couldn't compete with. And the tickets would have gone unsold anyway. Am I insane? :rolleyes:

PS 4.  At this point, I don't care if it's in Scranton every year.  Just get us on a ####### football field.  Sheebush H. Schmist, I KNOW we bring more than enough money to that region every summer to be able to make this demand for crying in the soup. (Ok, so I know that has nothing to do with this particular conversation, but I thought I'd throw something in there that we all can get behind, because I'm tired of being the villian.  :P

Amen. I'm with you !!! I don't really care where finals is, as long as it's on a nice FOOTBALL field. And Oh yeah, that football field should have to be in the Northeast. (just kidding)

I can't stand Lackawanna County Stadium. Besides being on a baseball field, the front side line is skewed - (It isn't parallel to the stands) This is okay if you're in the pit blowing high notes, but it sometimes makes the marching aspect of a show somewhat difficult - if you're on the field that is. (still just kidding)

Let's talk about something positive, look at the way DCA has grown in the last couple of years. DCA had 21 corps in prelims last year, this year 26 corps, now that's really good news. Hopefully, DCI will stop losing corps but DCA doesn't have that problem. Next year maybe over 30 corps in what ever location DCA decide. I can see close to 40 corps by 08 if DCA keeps expanding throughout the country. Seven to ten years ago one would've never thought DCA would of caught on the way it has. Keep up the good work.

Its been done already.

The question is,,,,

Will DCA listen or will they continue to follow history.

I suspect that tensions will be VERY HIGH(on both sides) upon the announcement next week.

I hope they have a very good excuse for not making the announcement sooner.Announcing something this major during finals week or at finals can cause a lot of unnecessary distractions.

Now back to practicing my music... :P

the excuse is this...and it's no excuse it's valid truth.

both bids have ###### valid flaws. case closed.

face it, these two choices have DCA ###### if you do and ###### if you don't.

the risk in either flopping is huge, and DCA isn't in a position to take big risks.

we all know NC has promised the moon, the sun, effigies of Hopkins and a ####load of cash.

but if NC holds finals and 5k or less show up, who loses?

the NC committee, cause likely they'll lose money, and the corps cause payouts could suffer.

the same thing at NC.

here's another thing.

say 8k show up to NC....that's 45 to 45 lower level to press box filled. that means you're playing to no one if your drill is outside the 40. that makes a stadium look really really empty.

and of course we have the whole Rhinos stadium not being done issue, cant get a confirmed number of seats, in a ####ty area of town, etc issues.

Instead of #####ing that DCA doesnt have it decided yet, maybe people should be thanking...yes THANKING...DCA for making sure they cover every base available.

PS 1.  I know I didn't make it very clear, but I wasn't specifically talking about finals, but also just more shows, regionals, etc, outside of the NE. 

PS 2.  When speaking of finals in another region, I'm not necessarily thinking W-S.  And I'm wondering when this became a "If finals isn't in the NE, it should be in W-S" discussion.  So let's keep our options open.

PS 3.  Jeff- NO ONE said we should RUSH into anything. 

PS 4.  At this point, I don't care if it's in Scranton every year.  Just get us on a ####### football field.  Sheebush H. Schmist, I KNOW we bring more than enough money to that region every summer to be able to make this demand for crying in the soup. (Ok, so I know that has nothing to do with this particular conversation, but I thought I'd throw something in there that we all can get behind, because I'm tired of being the villian.  :P

PS 5.  Which is really PS 3a, but I don't feel like moving anythng around, if we take a "Lets worry about it next year" approach we're ain't going anywhere. 

PS 6.  Golden Hemmroid award?  Holy Christmas....!

PS 7.  seven

ok....I guess that's it.

10 you werent clear but thanks.

2( right now considering DCA has so many other issues to deal with concerning thr growth, and zero support staff besides a few very underpaid people, finals moving the the last headache they need.

3) disagree, many people have. in fact some predict doom and gloom for DCA if there's no finals in NC next year.

4) agreed, but the problem is no football fields are bidding except ones w/corporate ######## for owners.

Looks to me like the center of the drum corp universe is my native state, Western Kentucky  :)  I've always told everybody that the world rotates around Paducah. Everybody has been through there or knows somebody there. I just need to call the folks at Murray State University to submit a bid.

Murray state would be a FANTASTIC place for a drum corps show.... Just NOT a DCA show. Murray is in a dry county. It would never work