Bonnie Ott

Bonnie Ott will be attending DCA this year, her first ever visit. Many of you remember Bonnie's terrific solo's through the years, beginning with the Commodores from Stockton, continuing on through to the Blue Devils from 1974 to 1976.

Making her first national DCI appearance in 1973 with "Rainy days and Monday's" then on to the Championship years with Concord Blue Devils.."Legend of a One Eyed Sailor", "Chase the Clouds Away"...her brother Jim was the brass instructor/arranger that gave us many wonderful and memorable songs, bringing his style to the south with "Georgia on my Mind" "Sweet Georgia Brown" with the Spirit of Atlanta.

Bonnie will be accompanied by her father "Pops" Harold Ott and other long time family friends.

:rolleyes:

Muz

Bonnie Ott will be attending DCA this year, her first ever visit. Many of you remember Bonnie's terrific solo's through the years, beginning with the Commodores from Stockton, continuing on through  to the Blue Devils from 1974 to 1976.

Making her first national DCI appearance in 1973 with "Rainy days and Monday's" then on to the Championship years with Concord Blue Devils.."Legend of a One Eyed Sailor", "Chase the Clouds Away"...her brother Jim was the brass instructor/arranger that gave us many wonderful and memorable songs, bringing his style to the south with "Georgia on my Mind" "Sweet Georgia Brown" with the Spirit of Atlanta.

Bonnie will be accompanied by her father "Pops" Harold Ott and other long time family friends.

:rolleyes:

Muz

WOW :rolleyes: , cant wait to see her ! Last time I saw her was in 1986 at the Blue Devils 10 years reunion 1976/1986 WOW b**bs

Any recent pic of her? She was good to look at when I was 16, what about now?

I hope the Ott family will be attending the Alumni show. Mighty St. Joe's pays tribute to Jimmy by playing his arrangement of "legend".

I am sure if they are in attendance, the DM will introduce them and say a few words in praise of Jim. :rolleyes:

I, too, as a mellophone player look forward to meeting Bonnie... and I'm sure I will...

as for you Keith - when you were 16, anything in a skirt looked good... (not meant to diminish the delightful young Bonnie she was back then)

come to think of it Keith - some things NEVER change

I, too, as a mellophone player look forward to meeting Bonnie...  and I'm sure I will...

as for you Keith - when you were 16, anything in a skirt looked good...  (not meant to diminish the delightful young Bonnie she was back then)

come to think of it Keith - some things NEVER change

LMAO....too funny Tom! Yea, well the only thing that changed is that I am so HAPPY (Finally) that I am bursting! (That could cause a mess...I hear a few of you out there thinking that). Anyways, it doesn't hurt to look.

I remember seeing her in Marion, OH because we heard a corps practicing and it sounded pretty good and found out it was Blue Devils. She stood out a bit.

I hope the Ott family will be attending the Alumni show. Mighty St. Joe's pays tribute to Jimmy by playing his arrangement of "legend".

I am sure if they are in attendance, the DM will introduce them and say a few words in praise of Jim. :rolleyes:

Yes, they will be there and they would be very happy to hear Jim spoken of in this venue. He loved Senior Corps and left many terrific arrangements behind to demonstrate.....just listen real careful next time to the Mello/F-Horn parts!!.....lol

Billy... B)