Afraid of the ESPN tlecast

Ok let's not get personal, I don't like fighting. :(

But if and or once Drum Corps is known widely enough I believe they'll stop using the Marching Band term, I think its just to get the general audience's feet wet.

I think by the time that happens, none of us will be able to tell the difference between marching band and drum corps anyway. :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda scared too.

The broadcast will get some good media attention......and then some bad media attention.(for instance I could see Cheap Seats, the Daily Show and many other tv shows ripping on DCI in the near future...especially with the many weird and not-likeable shows we had this year.)...(IMO)

With the good come the bad I suppose.

I think by the time that happens, none of us will be able to tell the difference between marching band and drum corps anyway. :(

Haha oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts if that's the case. I bet everyone who is afraid of this ad is going to watch it anyway.

Edited by TommySopranoContra

Quite frankly , how on earth do YOU know its the same exact production team ? Do you know who Tom Blair works with ? WIll all the key producers, editors...etc..be on hand ? Ever meet Tom Blair ? Were you in on all the meeting/dealing that set up this broadcast ?  Dude, you talk a lot like you are a seasoned, all knowing vet. You need to, IMO, chill a little.

~G~

It is the same production team as the last several years. They actually added a few new guys, but the same for the most part.

Will we hear things about this being the best bands in the country.

Not unless Rondo and DeLucia have a MAJOR off-nite, since they'll be the ones doing the commentary.

Good point ^ and I loved your 2003 show.

Quite frankly , how on earth do YOU know its the same exact production team ? Do you know who Tom Blair works with ? WIll all the key producers, editors...etc..be on hand ? Ever meet Tom Blair ? Were you in on all the meeting/dealing that set up this broadcast ?  Dude, you talk a lot like you are a seasoned, all knowing vet. You need to, IMO, chill a little.

~G~

Jump down people's throats much?

I'm concerned it will be too much like last year's broadcast, which sucked. Technically it was great, but I have no tolerance for all the up-close-and-personal stuff. Said it before, say it again, if this is how drum corps needs to sell itself to get more "fans," than drum corps doesn't need more fans.

Guest DrumCorpFan
Ok let's not get personal, I don't like fighting. :(

Well I agree with the statement that was said above, any publication is good publication.

But if and or once Drum Corps is known widely enough I believe they'll stop using the Marching Band term, I think its just to get the general audience's feet wet.

Problem is once it is known widely enough, it may very well be marching band.

Back on topic, my fear about the telecast is that, since they are showing cut portions of shows, there will be no flow to each corps' performance. I don't see how this will increase the popularity of the activity. Non marching people who watch may get confused about the shows. It's like having a bunch of story tellers each telling a different story. But they only show parts of the performance and you don't get the whole story, be it the beginning or the end. The observer is left without important information and is only confused by the partial information they get to see, it doesn't make sense. That won't do much to make them want to see more. It will more likely leave them scratching their heads wondering why anybody likes it. That could bring a quick end to telecasts on ESPN.

Edited by DrumCorpFan

I'm concerned it will be too much like last year's broadcast, which sucked. Technically it was great, but I have no tolerance for all the up-close-and-personal stuff. Said it before, say it again, if this is how drum corps needs to sell itself to get more "fans," than drum corps doesn't need more fans.

You will probably be disappointed then.