What about people who don't get ESPN2?

not true, We ARE ABLE to receive pbs as part of our cable or satellite lineups but we DO NOT get ESPN at all!!!

Ok... a little lie... I do get ESPN>>>> the Canadian version (not TSN, but the stuff Star Choice brews up for us) and it has to have a major amount of Canadian content... so instead of watching finals, I'll get to watch the tiddlewinks championship or something like that. :P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked www.tvguide.com for the ESPN2 show. On the grid, it is listed as "Band Competition." If you view the description, it then shows that it is the 2005 DCI Finals in Foxboro.

Oh well. I am just glad that the activity is getting more and more publicity and exposure. Perhaps better information will come with more time and exposure in mainstream media.

Bob Childs

that's interesting because the link on the DCI on ESPN site which takes you to the ESPN listing shows it as Drum Corps International World Championships

I know we discusseed the Canadian thing, OK we do get PBS, heck some stations even have a 1 800 number for CANADIAN donations during their fundraising (wutv in buffalo and the one from Seattle are two that do I believe) we also geta large variety of American stations, even Fox News (who always bash Canada, but that's a different topic) anyway FYI, according to the CRTC the governing body for broadcasting in Canada, ESPN2 has no authority to be broadcast in Canada and if they are it is most likely on a pirated signal. No bar/pub I have called will admit to having it (although I belive one does). So, here it is, I will not say the Canada got screwed or anything like that, it is time to face it people DCI goes where the money is, anfd that is not canada yeah the little (population) country to ever have 2 DCI finalists from the same CITY, but alas even when I approached DCI about marketing and recruiting materials they were giving to US hs bands for us here in canada either on loan or I would purchase, they refused saying something like they could not sell it to us, would not ship to Canada and did not recognize it as a viable option. So I am not surprised by Canada or anywhere outside the US not having ESPN2 and yes Adam I have also had no response from DCI. See one of the first posts I ever made on here somewhere about DCI not responding then or now. I love dc I love the activity all of it but I am very discouraged with DCI and the level of support if you are 1) Not American 2) not involved in a Div. I program. No I will not turn my back on them only wanted to speak the truth now that they have ignored me once again.

More people have PBS. It's in something like 99% of American homes who have televisions. But that doesn't mean that all those stations carried the DCI broadcast. And they certainly weren't airing them all at the same time. Hence the switch.

That's probably true but most people don't WATCH PBS. Espn 2 has a much greater viewership than PBS.