• Jet Tone
    • Benge
    • Al Cass
    • other

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Laskey Mouthpieces.  They are so comfortable.  If you like Bach Mouthpieces, but are sick of Bach inconsistencies you would like Laskey Mouthpices.

I like the Bach megatone 4G for both my trombone and my euphonium. Great piece for both.

I heard great things about the Steven Mead model from Denis Wick for euphonium, (especially the SM4), and the trombone players seems to rave about the Doug Elliotts. Maybe one day I will switch, but I like having one good piece for both horns.

I have an Arnold Jacobs mouthpiece, which is a smaller copy of the original Helleberg.  I am thinking of getting a Perantucci, maybe a PT-88, later on (when I have some of what they call "money."  8^) )

I have an Arnold Jacobs mouthpiece, which is a smaller copy of the original Helleberg.  I am thinking of getting a Perantucci, maybe a PT-88, later on (when I have some of what they call "money."  8^) )

PT 88 is a great tuba mouthpiece, just beware that it is just shy of a toilet bowl.  It takes a quite strong embouchure to play the mpc.  It was originally designed as a low register mpc; so the upper register isn't going to just pop right out with these beasts, but it's very doable.  I've played on my 88 the past 5 years, including 2 seasons of corps.  I love the mouthpiece.

If you've got a credit card, Custom Music Comp will usually let you try out several mpc's at one time.   Then you can decide which you like and return the rest.  CMC gave me the educator discount, so I ended up shelling out about $140 for my gold plated PT 88 .

PT 88 is a great tuba mouthpiece, just beware that it is just shy of a toilet bowl.  It takes a quite strong embouchure to play the mpc.  It was originally designed as a low register mpc; so the upper register isn't going to just pop right out with these beasts, but it's very doable.  I've played on my 88 the past 5 years, including 2 seasons of corps.  I love the mouthpiece.

If you've got a credit card, Custom Music Comp will usually let you try out several mpc's at one time.   Then you can decide which you like and return the rest.  CMC gave me the educator discount, so I ended up shelling out about $140 for my gold plated PT 88 .

I have tried one, and liked it; I didn't seem to have a problem  with response.  In fact, I found it was a little more responsive in some ways.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages.  However, for corps stuff I think I prefer my Arnold Jacobs, since it has a little more focused sound.

Perantucci definitely makes great mouthpieces. I'm deciding between my PT44 and PT48 for corps. Both are great for a player making a transition from something like a Helleberg to something toiletbowlesque like a PT88. Good focus, and huge sound.

On a side note, I have to agree, Custom Music in Michigan is the greatest place in the world. I think I payed college tuition for a couple of the employees' children. lol

Will RUBBLE Wells

Bluecoats CONTRA Line

00-02