• Kanstul
    • Monette
    • Callet
    • GR
    • Jet Tone
    • Benge
    • Al Cass
    • other

I love Laskey Mouthpieces.  They are so comfortable.  If you like Bach Mouthpieces, but are sick of Bach inconsistencies you would like Laskey Mouthpices.

w/Stp: (minus the stupid part)

Scott Laskey (who used to design for Schilke) has a winning product in my book. I personally hate Bach mouthpieces, but the Laskey seems to take the edge off of what I don't like about the Bach's - and have the most open throat of any mouthpiece I've played on. I use a 60S* for all of my playing - legit to jazz, and feel that I produce an even-quality sound in all registers. Additionally, it doesn't loose my lips like a lot of the other shallow mouthpieces (JetTone, small Schilkes) do when I start to get chop-tired.

I think if I were going to buy a different mouthpiece, I might go to the 60S instead of the S* just to get a little more depth in the cup for a darker sound, but overall, I'm a big proponent of the idea that a person can produce a dark sound on any mouthpiece if their throat and mouth are open enough.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, I am playing on a 20 year old Schilke 13A4A, wether I am playing my sop or trumpet. I used to go to a music store in Oakland CA. were they would let you try out different MP's. I picked it over 4 other 13A4A's. It just felt right. I have played on in my younger years MF jet tones, guardenelli (I hope that's close) with removable rims, schilke 6A4A, and even a pardube double cup.

I use Warburton mouthpieces for mt trumpet and while on Tour. A Warburton 2D for everthing but Jazz band, and for my soprano trombone in trombone ensemble. I use a 2MC for Jazz music, and my 4MC for my soprano trombone. 2D is a very large cup mouthpiece. I also use an open shank. Its helped me emensely, it opened my sounds up ten-fold and allowed for a much easier flow of air. I luv it. :D