2005 SCV Appreciation Society

Back in June or July, I said something similar to this:

Even when Vanguard is losing, they are still the most innovative and best corps on any field. Add most likable.

They have so many layers to what they do on the field, only a few other corps in some years come close.

Regards,

John Swartz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a member since I first saw them in Racine Wisconsin, in 1973!!!!  b**bs

I'll consider myself Vice President !! Since we all know that Vice-Presidents do nothing anyway, who's it going to hurt??  :blink:

Awesome!

*looks at ODBC's sig* :P

Count me in!

And, I couldn't think of a better president of this organization than Rich here!  He's been at the forefront of the 2005 SCV hype on here for quite some time!

*blushes*

Thanks Rich. :)

I love it I love it ! When I saw this show in Allentown, I really liked it and thought it had the "potential" if performed to the max, to make an impact in the standings. This is again, a case, where placement just doesnt matter. When you are at this level all corps offer something special, so it was easy to embrace this show.

Then came their three performances in Foxboro, each one increased in intensity, they were the buzz of the three days, there was just magic. Having that threat of rain and delaying their performance must have really charged the members of this corps up. Then they played Phantom of the Opera from the entry passage.....then they got cheered coming on, setting up, getting ready, ...bam !

The opening giant "X" ant the first pivots of the lower right corner were flawless. It just rolled like a boulder from that point on. I really cant stress enought the performance of the guard. They had command of their equipment and their book, hitting every impact perfect, every flag went up and down perfect, the rifles snapped with unity. The crowd really was stunned, and into this show. Loud, boisterous cheering, many standing "O"s......just added to the electricity. "RCM" hot and there was no holding back...crowd was on their feet before they ended....a performance for the ages

Thank you members of 2005 SCV

~G~

I want in !! LOL, make me public relations and marketing czar !!! b**bs

yay! I am a member of 2000, and 2005!

I rule.

~>conner

Count me in.... I loved this show!

i've appointed myself a title--check out the sig

i'm definitely in.

the opening X was the only not good thing i saw....

i loved this show from the time it was announced untill i hear what they're playing next year...lol

GO SCV!!!!!! :blink:

plus the new sig....

Edited by Gbassman5

i'm definitely in.

the opening X was the only not good thing i saw....

i loved this show from the time it was announced untill i hear what they're playing next year...lol

GO SCV!!!!!! :blink:

plus the new sig....

hehe, nice :)